Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TopGun

Strange problem at KFLL

Good day, I have a strange issue that's only noticeable at KFLL (noticed it today and a few other times). While inbound on the ILS to 9L, the weather depicted was hard IFR (contrary to the ATIS and the metar reported by AS). However, upon landing and prior to reaching taxiway D or thereabouts, the weather suddenly changed to what was reported in the ATIS. On the outbound flight, a similar thing happened as I was taxiing to runway 9L. At a certain point while taxiing on taxiway B (in the vicinity of runway 13/31), the weather suddenly changed again to hard IFR, despite the ATIS reporting differently. I'm using FS9.1 and ASv6.5 (build 554) along with ActiveSkyGraphics. The scenery being used is the FSDreamteam KFLL (all updates applied). Below is my config file://ASv6.5 configuration file Build 554[General]WindowPosX = 495WindowPosY = 495DefaultWeatherFolder = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Modules\ASv6\SuppressionCeiling = 5000SurfaceWindLimit = 10FS9Path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\PersonalAppDataFolder = C:\Users\Jermaine's PC\AppData\Roaming\CloudLayerLimit = 10LocalSuppressionRange = 30MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 50AutoVasFrequency = 0AutoVasStrength = 0TurbulenceFrequency = 0DefaultStartupLocation = KSEADefaultGraphicsFullTheme = Last Custom SubmitDefaultGraphicsCirrusTheme = Wx-InfluencedAutoSubmitGraphicsTheme = TrueIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForcePrimaryServer = FalseForceSecondaryServer = FalseGEProAutoSubmit = FalseUseFetchedStationforGEPro = FalseShowDecodedMBasDecimal = FalseSkyOverride = ASGFavorCumulus = FalseForceRoutePressure = FalseForceLowestCeiling = FalseUnpauseOnReadyStatus = FalseDisableWriteThrottle = FalseDisableProcessThrottle = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoSetFSTime = TrueIgnoreFSLocationUntilReady = TrueAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueAutoRefreshAI = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseEnableGEProWideFSMode = FalseExtendedThrottling = FalseForceRouteAloftTemp = FalseOfflinePlayback = FalseEnableVAS = FalseAutoGenVAS = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseDisableAllGroundUpdates = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = TrueDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = FalseLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = FalseUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = FalseIgnoreFSReadyStatus = TrueFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = FalseDisableUpperLayerGeneration = TrueVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 25VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = -5AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0MaxCloudThickness = 7000MinStratusSeparation = 7000TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = FalseStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = TrueProxyAddress = NONELastPlanFolder = C:\Users\Jermaine\Documents\Flight Simulator Files\Thanks for any assistance in resolving this issue.Jermaine Clarke

Good day, I have a strange issue that's only noticeable at KFLL (noticed it today and a few other times). While inbound on the ILS to 9L, the weather depicted was hard IFR (contrary to the ATIS and the metar reported by AS). However, upon landing and prior to reaching taxiway D or thereabouts, the weather suddenly changed to what was reported in the ATIS. On the outbound flight, a similar thing happened as I was taxiing to runway 9L. At a certain point while taxiing on taxiway B (in the vicinity of runway 13/31), the weather suddenly changed again to hard IFR, despite the ATIS reporting differently. I'm using FS9.1 and ASv6.5 (build 554) along with ActiveSkyGraphics. The scenery being used is the FSDreamteam KFLL (all updates applied). Below is my config file:
I've had the SAME EXACT thing happen at KFLL!!!!!!!I actually posted on the FSDT forum about it and they said it was not a fault of theirs, so I posted about it here a long time ago and Jim Skorna said he had no idea what would cause that. In addition, I have flown to FlyTampa's KBOS and had it raining on one side of the airport and not raining on the other side, basically it will rain on 1/2 of a runway then when I cross a spot it will stop raining on the other half.Truth be told I have had this happen at other airports as well but KFLL seems to be the most noticible since I fly there a lot.BTW, I am using ASE.It would be so cool if Damien knew what the cause of this was because its totally out of wack.I should mention also that when it does this and I can slew back and fouth at the airport between the difference conditions that the weather station in ASE stays the same and isn't switching to another station.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Can anyone at HiFi help with this issue? I'm sure there must be some way to resolve this strange weather behavior.Jermaine Clarke

Can anyone at HiFi help with this issue? I'm sure there must be some way to resolve this strange weather behavior.Jermaine Clarke
Bump for Damien. Also interested since i have the same problem as TopGun has.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi,Sorry for the late response, I've been busy getting our new product ready!Real quick, please note that support.hifitechinc.com is our official support mechanism and we provide responses generally within 24 hours (if not sooner). I like to get on the forum often but during final development and release of a new product my time is limited.Is everyone having this issue using FS9 and ASv6.5, or is this issue more widespread than that? In either case can I ask those experiencing this to please open a ticket (support.hifitechinc.com) with the details? We'll be able to internally test for this with your parameters and if we find a problem we can test solutions directly with you. Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hello, I'm trying to register at support.hifitechinc.com in order to open a support ticket. I do have an order number, but not a pastable license key (purchased AS6.5) from flight1. I do have a key from flight1, however. How do I go about registering in order for me to open a support ticket? ThanksJermaine Clarke

Hi,It should be mentioned in the form, you should use "Request Key" if you don't know your key or do not have one. Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,670.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now