Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can Acar

My Last Wish on PC Configuration

Hi guys, I've been searching about what to buy, what to buy, and at last I have found these, I want to be sure that this system will really work well.Case: Cooler Master HAF RC-912 Advance 2xUSB 3.0 Port Performance CasePower Supply: Cooler Master GX 80+ Plus Bronz 750W Single Rail Power SupplyProcessor: INTEL Core i5-2500K LGA 1155 6MB 3.3GHz 4-Core-ProcessorProcessor Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 PLUS Intel / AMD PWM Fan CoolerMotherboard: MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) Intel 1155 Soket DDR3 USB3 SATA3 PCI-E G3 ATX MotherboardRAM: Geil Plus 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 Low Voltage Dual Kit (2x4GB)GPU: MSI GTX580 Twin FrozR II OC 1536MB DDR5 384 Bit Pci Express GPUHDD: WD Caviar Black 1 TB 7200 RPM 64 MB Ön Bellek 3,5" SATA III DISK (WD1002FAEX)Would you guys please comment on this system, critisize about anything you find bad, etc. I'm still confused about buying X6-1100T and İ5-2500K. But I'll go for Intel i think. Guys, I'll be spending about ~$1700 and I want to be sure about this system before buying it.How many minimum 'n maximum fps do you think I'll get with NGX, full settings, REX HD, IVAO TFC, etc?Thanks a lot!

Definitely the 2500kPsu is more than sufficient for a single gpu system

Kenneth Weir

My Saitek yoke mod

i7 2600k @ 4.7

8GB Gskill CAS7

2x GTX580 SLI Surround + GT520 Accessory

Win7x64

GET A BIGGER POWER SUPPLY
???
The 580 requires minimum 600watt PS
750W>600W Doh.gifThe 750W Cooler Master is enough, though I'd go for a better brand PSU. It'll be fine.Intel is the way to go, of course. Min/Max FPS... That's hard to say. I keep above 25 in all scenarios but usually keep around 30-50 in the NGX. The Sandy Bridge processors are as good as it gets for FSX at the time of this writing.These post really do belong in the hardware forums.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

The 580 requires minimum 600watt PS
Thats total system consumption. Max TDP on a 580 is around 300watt. 750 watt is more than sufficiant but damm get a decent power supply (corsair/Enermax ect). other than that looks good.AMD vs intel lol no compotition at the moment the sandy bridge chips are a gimme right now. my 2700k is clocked to 4.7 under water and i get 30fps in high action areas- kmdw approach ect so you will be good.I have workmates with the 2500k and they are hitting 4.5ghz no problem on air coolingregardsChris stanley

Chris Stanley

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

I'm thinking of an Asus P8Z68 V Pro (B3).. But what about the other specs? Do you think that's worth to buy, spend 1600$ for that?

Get the gen 3 version of the P8z68 v pro as it supports pci ex 3.0 and will make you more future proof.And you can upgrade the gpu at a later date and take advantage of pci ex 3.0 speeds

Chris Stanley

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,960.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now