Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

Windshear

I am wondering if one of those settings from FSUIPC or ASE is interfering with it. I remember I had reduced the variations of wind speed at or on the ground to something less than 5kts, so in such situations a WS will be so gradual it won't warrant. Not necessarily PMDG recommended, but some other payware recommended or just plain wanting smooth flight :D

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

I feel proud of having real liners among this community.Their statements are like bible for me ( even if I believe in no God ) and we have to take them into the deepest consideration, beside thanking them to have joined this forum.

I feel proud of having real liners among this community.Their statements are like bible for me ( even if I believe in no God ) and we have to take them into the deepest consideration, beside thanking them to have joined this forum.
Thanks, appreciate it.... Just Kidding.gif

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

RWS shear could be a nightmare for FSX'ers also, yet at the same time easy to model, but in doing it how I was thinking it would again pose a problem. Being that you're not that familiar with FSX wx, this will help explain all of my points.RWS could easily be assigned to be triggered on major wind changes (god knows FSX has them). I know there is more to it, but it could be just on that. We all know FSX has it's limitations yet most of what PMDG does is to improvise and go with what's available, right? Well the down side is the huge fact that most simmers (or a lot anyway) have FSUIPC and if they've been around for a while have their wind smoothing set. So basically one of FSX's faults literally blows it's use out of the water except for the small number of simmers that wouldn't have such wind smoothing settings set in FSUIPC (Or ASE for that matter). I agree it would be cool, but it wouldn't have much of an audience, and people wanting to experience it would then suffer the dreaded wind shifts they worked so hard to prevent. Besides all that, could you imagine even if it were triggered to something like 40mph wind shifts (differences) and no one had wind smoothing? Before wind smoothing that would mean we all heard the windshear alarm go off as much as the J41 icing alert LOL.gifHere me scratching? Anywho, just my $0.02

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

RWS shear could be a nightmare for FSX'ers also, yet at the same time easy to model, but in doing it how I was thinking it would again pose a problem. Being that you're not that familiar with FSX wx, this will help explain all of my points.RWS could easily be assigned to be triggered on major wind changes (god knows FSX has them). I know there is more to it, but it could be just on that. We all know FSX has it's limitations yet most of what PMDG does is to improvise and go with what's available, right? Well the down side is the huge fact that most simmers (or a lot anyway) have FSUIPC and if they've been around for a while have their wind smoothing set. So basically one of FSX's faults literally blows it's use out of the water except for the small number of simmers that wouldn't have such wind smoothing settings set in FSUIPC (Or ASE for that matter). I agree it would be cool, but it wouldn't have much of an audience, and people wanting to experience it would then suffer the dreaded wind shifts they worked so hard to prevent. Besides all that, could you imagine even if it were triggered to something like 40mph wind shifts (differences) and no one had wind smoothing? Before wind smoothing that would mean we all heard the windshear alarm go off as much as the J41 icing alert LOL.gifHere me scratching? Anywho, just my $0.02
Well said Dan, but with wind smoothing and suppression in FSUIPC, even I get windshear every once in a blue moon. I kind of see it as FSUIPC suppresses the shifts if they are completely unrealistic, and I get the ones that are realistic or are not by fault of FSX. I've gotten a few windshear alerts in the Leonardo MD-80, even with suppression.Totally agree with your post otherwise. im Not Worthy.gif

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Hey Nick, Really? That's pretty sweet. I've thought about getting something around the MD-80 size, how do you like it? As for the wind shifts. Maybe that depends how you have fsuipc set up? I mean, I have mine set to not allow more than 1kt per 1 sec, or something like that. I never see shifts that fast but imagine it could also be set on over time, not sure. I think it would need to be set to FSX broadcasting the wind so it wouldn't even matter who had what settings which would make it more of something people might blame the NGX for. So say I had my settings as they are, FSX broadcasts a wind shift of 25+ in 1 sec, the alarm goes off, but due to my smoothing I don't see it for another 24 seconds :DI'll have to google that Leonardo MD-80. Sounds interesting. Thanks.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hey Nick,Really? That's pretty sweet. I've thought about getting something around the MD-80 size, how do you like it? As for the wind shifts. Maybe that depends how you have fsuipc set up? I mean, I have mine set to not allow more than 1kt per 1 sec, or something like that. I never see shifts that fast but imagine it could also be set on over time, not sure. I think it would need to be set to FSX broadcasting the wind so it wouldn't even matter who had what settings which would make it more of something people might blame the NGX for. So say I had my settings as they are, FSX broadcasts a wind shift of 25+ in 1 sec, the alarm goes off, but due to my smoothing I don't see it for another 24 seconds :DI'll have to google that Leonardo MD-80. Sounds interesting. Thanks.
http://www.flythemaddog.com/One of the top aircraft in my fleet. Has soooo many functions! Things like the cockpit voice recorder, circuit breakers, full function ip-multicrew, it's all there.Have to say though, it's lacking a bit in the modeling of the VC. It's all there, but just seems a bit crude. Otherwise, great bird.EDIT: Actually must have been thinking of another MD-80, The Maddog's VC is nowhere near as bad as what I was thinking. It's actually very good. Tells you how much time it's been where I've been flying the NGX instead of the MD-80! Whistle.gif Edited by FDX1323 - Nick

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Haha, wow, ohhh the Mad dog (shows you how tired I am). I never actually looked into that but all of a sudden about 4,000+ posts I've read came back when I put MD and "MAD DOG" together, doh. Thanks for the info. I'll have to weigh things next few bucks I get. I've been wanting to get the Eaglesoft Citation X. It sort of reminds me of Travolta's Eclipse (not really sure why). Probably the smooth curves and size.

Dan Prunier

Haha, wow, ohhh the Mad dog (shows you how tired I am). I never actually looked into that but all of a sudden about 4,000+ posts I've read came back when I put MD and "MAD DOG" together, doh. Thanks for the info. I'll have to weigh things next few bucks I get. I've been wanting to get the Eaglesoft Citation X. It sort of reminds me of Travolta's Eclipse (not really sure why). Probably the smooth curves and size.
Great aircraft too- although have to get used to the throttle. No A/T, and it uses detents for different thrust modes (The name of which excapes me, though it's similar to the airbus style). Also, the FMS is a bit wonky, but definitely realistic and easy once you get to know it.Anyway, back to the windshear thing- I still would like to see official word from PMDG if RWS is modeled or not...EDIT: AH ha! It's FADEC! Edited by FDX1323 - Nick

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Sure you are talking about the maddog? The maddog has no FADEC, so you have to be careful about firewallling the throttles, it but does have an autothrust system, which you do have to get used to. The FMC is much like what you would find on any Boeing. Great plane. And it simulates both icing and windshear. Surprising that as much as the NGX simulates right down to the nuances of the aircraft, it doesn't simulate a few key components on the real thing. Ben

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

Sure you are talking about the maddog? The maddog has no FADEC, so you have to be careful about firewallling the throttles, it but does have an autothrust system, which you do have to get used to. The FMC is much like what you would find on any Boeing. Great plane. And it simulates both icing and windshear. Surprising that as much as the NGX simulates right down to the nuances of the aircraft, it doesn't simulate a few key components on the real thing. Ben
Sorry, should have clarified- was talking about the Citation X.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo