Sign in to follow this  
martin30

NGX VC Rain effect + ETA time out of sync

I have noticed that i have have no rain effect on the windshield. Also before i installed Sp1 my eta time on the prog page on fmc used to be accurate but now its always at least 12 hours out. I use fs realtime so i know its not a case of the fs clock being out of sync. I have done a fresh install of the NGX but these minor problems still persist. Does anyone else have these problems?Any advice on fixing these little problems would be greatly appreciatedMartin

I have noticed that i have have no rain effect on the windshield. Also before i installed Sp1 my eta time on the prog page on fmc used to be accurate but now its always at least 12 hours out. I use fs realtime so i know its not a case of the fs clock being out of sync. I have done a fresh install of the NGX but these minor problems still persist. Does anyone else have these problems?Any advice on fixing these little problems would be greatly appreciatedMartin
All the NGX clock is doing is showing FS time in UTC I believe.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

All the NGX clock is doing is showing FS time in UTC I believe.
If you click twice on the "Time/Date" Button at the upper right corner of the clock, you can switch between UTC and LCLGreets Sebastian

I am pretty sure that rain effects on the windshield would add a bunch of FPS....hich....anyway if SP2 would brought them I will pay the FPS price, even if my rig is definitely not a top performer.

PMDG told that there is the problem that they are at the maximum number of effects which are possible in FSX. If there should be rain effects they have to remove the HUD and/or (sorry I don't know exactly if it was and or or) the custom landing lights.

PMDG told that there is the problem that they are at the maximum number of effects which are possible in FSX. If there should be rain effects they have to remove the HUD and/or (sorry I don't know exactly if it was and or or) the custom landing lights.
I never use the HUD so it would be nice to have the option to choose between HUD or rain effect in the FMC :(

i agree, the rain effect is a realistic item that should be included, makes a big difference to the simlloyd jones
I gotta agree with you there i think it looks a bit silly arriving in a torrential rain or snow and the windshield is squeaky clean lol but i guess its like the other little treat that was in the jetstream were the windscreen & trailing edges would show ice building up if you never turned on the w/s heat & anti-ice. Little quirks like these i would have like to have seen in the ngx, am still very happy with the final product

Have to agree with you there :) At least, the option to choose from which effects one prefers would be nice :)HUD on could f.instance automatically turn off windshield rain? Or one could choose in the FMC menu..

I never use the HUD so it would be nice to have the option to choose between HUD or rain effect in the FMC cool.png
Agree. They should just make an " rain effect option" in the CDU. I don't need to fly always with HUD and other effects activated if there is a technical boundary to get everything working at the same time.

Who knows, maybe someone of PMDG could chime in to sink our wishes or the opposite......

Agree. They should just make an " rain effect option" in the CDU. I don't need to fly always with HUD and other effects activated if there is a technical boundary to get everything working at the same time.
That would be awsome....

Simon