Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

XP10 Crashing on Controller Calibration/Setup

Howdy -In an effort to give the XP10 demo a fair shake, I'm working through a rather fatal bug. I am given to understand that this is supposedly a "beta" release, although the website, release docs, and documentation in the download state nothing to the effect. (The full product is to release on December 7th? Ten days? Ouch.)Relevant Stats: Win7 x64 / 8 GB RAM / nVidia / CH Products FlightSim Yoke (USB)Once launched into the demo, I move to the joystick setup area. If I move the yoke around on its axis', it seems to respond fine. After several seconds on this screen, the program simply crashes with this message...zn7h93.jpg..followed by an immediate crash-to-desktop, with the XP10 demo exe remaining in memory and needing to be killed with Task Manager.I've attempted this with the default startup 747, as well as selecting the Cessna 172 to try out. No joy.This failure is preventing me from getting off the ground with the demo, and giving the package a fair look. It is also giving me some shaken confidence in the final product, but as mentioned - this is reportedly beta code, so I can forgive some hiccups.I know many of you are having no problems along these lines, so hopefully someone can chime in and report on how they may have overcome this error and got into the skies!Thanks for any assistance,-Greg

Mine is doing the same, Can switch to the Cirrus jet, but fails with control setup........as soon as I move the joystick.

Hmmm, I'm not having this crash. But I don't have those advanced controls. I use MS FFB2 stick, and a CH throttle (single throttle).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I couldn't even get to the Controls screen, XP would just go to Not Responding. Deleted the demo/beta and moved on.

Yeah mine does the not responding when loading. Just let it sit for a min or two. It should come back.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hmmm yeah mine takes about 30 secs to load total...There's another guy that said he waited 20 min... Odd... hey suprise, it's like FSX, no system is the same LOL.gif

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I waited 7-8 minutes just to get it loaded yesterday.Anyway, I wanted to comment on all the opinions that the demo is a BETA. Is this a KNOWN fact that has been advised by someone from LR? Or is it just all the XP-lovers trying to justify why the demo has issues. IMHO, with a claimed release date of Dec 7, the code is probably already finalized. Right now they are finishing up burning DVDs and packaging. I cannot imagine that they would still be writing code and expect to ship on Dec 7 (which is what they claim).James

I waited 7-8 minutes just to get it loaded yesterday.Or is it just all the XP-lovers trying to justify why the demo has issuesJames
You might want to rephrase that.

I just user XPers... not negative just describing people who use and prefer XP.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I couldn't even get to the Controls screen, XP would just go to Not Responding. Deleted the demo/beta and moved on.
Bye.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Bye.
Don't be bitter - this is happening to a lot of users. So far I've counted ten on these forums... hopefully we can figure out why it's happening.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Anyway, I wanted to comment on all the opinions that the demo is a BETA. Is this a KNOWN fact that has been advised by someone from LR? Or is it just all the XP-lovers trying to justify why the demo has issues. IMHO, with a claimed release date of Dec 7, the code is probably already finalized. Right now they are finishing up burning DVDs and packaging. I cannot imagine that they would still be writing code and expect to ship on Dec 7 (which is what they claim).
Despite what its developers say/have said, X-Plane has always been a de-facto Beta at the moment of release and for some weeks (at the best) afterwards. I certainly accept this fact irritates lots of users new to X-Plane.Marco
Don't be bitter - this is happening to a lot of users. So far I've counted ten on these forums... hopefully we can figure out why it's happening.
Hy Ryan, I've only been bitter in response to JSKorna tone, that I personally found a little unpleasant in an X-Plane forum. :)Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]