Sign in to follow this  
cobrakev1526

Not seeing it, Not feeling it with X-Plane 10 I had my hopes up...

Absolutely!1. Go to Your Profile2. Then to My Settings3. About half down on the left is Ignore Preferences.4. There will be a window called Add a new user to your list. Enter JSkorna5. Check the Ignore: Posts Signature and Messages boxes.6. Last, Click on Save Changes.There you go!!

lol...ALL GONE Now!

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

In order to get the real feel of flight, you have to have real controls with real forces. As hard as XP-9 and FSX try, you cannot feel with your eyes.
Getting back to the basics............You actually CAN feel, with your eyes, to a degree. Those of you, that have experienced the stop light or car wash syndrome, in which the vehicle next to you, or the carwash machine moves...............and you slam on your brakes, because you feel you're moving backwards...........know what I'm talking about.The same can be done in flight sims. However, there will be some differences, when a pilot's mind, or non-pilot's mind, has to fill in the mind gaps. It's either based on actual feel, or percieved feel. And it's all done through the visuals on the screen, combined with the small resistance of a joystick/yoke spring. It's done with delays, and non-linear action to the joystick. An example is ballooning in a high wing Cessna with flap extention. The nose wants to move upwards, and you push the yoke forward. By not immediately dropping the nose "visually", for the short amount of yoke travel..........the yoke is pushed a bit more to get the visual image on the screen level. This provides a sense of feel on the yoke . It gives the impression of pushing against air forces on the elevator. It's a compromise, but works rather well. The same can be done for other sensations, such as dampening, power to weight, etc.L.Adamson

The same can be done in flight sims. However, there will be some differences, when a pilot's mind, or non-pilot's mind, has to fill in the mind gaps. It's either based on actual feel, or percieved feel. And it's all done through the visuals on the screen, combined with the small resistance of a joystick/yoke spring.
I agree with you. I also fly radio controlled airplanes and even though I'm not in physical contact with the aircraft, nor even looking out the windshield as we do with sims, my brain still "feels" the weight and subtance of the aircraft based on what I'm seeing the aircraft do in correlation with the inputs I'm giving it on the radio.

Getting back to the basics............You actually CAN feel, with your eyes, to a degree. Those of you, that have experienced the stop light or car wash syndrome, in which the vehicle next to you, or the carwash machine moves...............and you slam on your brakes, because you feel you're moving backwards...........know what I'm talking about.The same can be done in flight sims. However, there will be some differences, when a pilot's mind, or non-pilot's mind, has to fill in the mind gaps. It's either based on actual feel, or percieved feel. And it's all done through the visuals on the screen, combined with the small resistance of a joystick/yoke spring. It's done with delays, and non-linear action to the joystick. An example is ballooning in a high wing Cessna with flap extention. The nose wants to move upwards, and you push the yoke forward. By not immediately dropping the nose "visually", for the short amount of yoke travel..........the yoke is pushed a bit more to get the visual image on the screen level. This provides a sense of feel on the yoke . It gives the impression of pushing against air forces on the elevator. It's a compromise, but works rather well. The same can be done for other sensations, such as dampening, power to weight, etc.L.Adamson
In fact you are right, I can see what you are saying.