Sign in to follow this  
johntaylormolly

737 Pilot in Command Evolution (FSX)

Hold tight, it will be up on AVSIM near the middle of Janurary at the latest. I am waiting to see what the new update they are releasing in Janurary changes.Aaron G.
All right. I´ve got somehow mixed experience from their Airbus Series. Hopefully they´ve developed themselve further.

all AVSIM Reviews are unbiased
vs
an honest report on what I think of the aircraft
This shows that 'unbiased reviews' don't exist. Big%20Grin.gifBut I also guess nobody would r-e-a-l-l-y expect it.In my eyes reviews are to be as professional as possible. Discussing as many details as possible.It means showing all the good and all the bad. Reviews which only praise a product stink a lot to me!Most portals with reviews simply advertise the products instead of x-raying them thoroughly.Advertising materials can be found on the developers'/resellers' websites and the reviewer's task is not just to rewrite them with different wording.No product is perfect so the review should always reflect the fact and tell us what exactly is wrong and/or could be made better in this case.A quality reviewer should be like a pathologist or even a forensic detective. No mercy! Especially for payware products.So don't worry if you dislike a product and give it 9 cons against one pro. At least we find out something!

vsThis shows that 'unbiased reviews' don't exist. Big%20Grin.gifBut I also guess nobody would expect it.In my eyes revies are to be as professional as possible. Discussing as many details as possible.Showing all the good and all the bad (reviews which only praise a product stink a lot to me!) in right proportions.Most portals with reviews simply advertise the products instead of x-raying them thoroughly.A quality reviewer should be like a pathologist or even a forensic detective.So don't worry if you dislike a product and give it 9 cons against one pro. At least we find out something!
Dont worry, I am a critical person and I will not advertise the product.Aaron G.

Looking forward to a well done review. Maybe the wait for their service pack is worth it though. At least from writing to other users, the user feedback on the flaws and errors should allow working on quite some items. As the website states that they are on a service pack, there's hope.I had to wait 3 months to get the NGX working without freezing panels, so Wilco may profit from that experience, so to speak. ^_^

I had to wait 3 months to get the NGX working without freezing panels,
I got my copy just some days ago and no problems overall (2 crashs so far but they wweren´t NGX related.). :smile:

I bought her back then and had to wait for SP1 to fix the panel freezes. That's the time span I was referring to, close to being 3 months. With a current purchase, the thing should work right out of the box of course, as every purchase should do. So lets not get used to buying and needing to wait then. ^_^

Edited by CoolP

I really want to commend you Aaron for taking plenty of time to do a good job of this and for your intention to subject the product to a very critical review. Unlike what many people think, critical doesn't mean 'negative' - it means questioning, testing, probing - and it sounds to me like you have a great handle on that principle. I have bought my share of poor products after reading a non-critical review of them - so folks like me appreciate folks like you... :Applause:

I really want to commend you Aaron for taking plenty of time to do a good job of this and for your intention to subject the product to a very critical review. Unlike what many people think, critical doesn't mean 'negative' - it means questioning, testing, probing - and it sounds to me like you have a great handle on that principle. I have bought my share of poor products after reading a non-critical review of them - so folks like me appreciate folks like you... :Applause:
Thank you. Don't worry the review will be a good one.Aaron G.

I second that. As I'm a schoolboy I don't get much money from my parents. That's why I really depend on critical reviews do that I don't spend my already small money on the wrong products just because a review said nothing critical about it. (null)

In case anyone missed it today, Tom has setup a dedicated "unsupported" forum for Wilco addons, lets kick-start some life into it and create new threads there...http://forum.avsim.net/forum/470-wilco-unofficial-support-forum/

Dean Stringer

The "Avsim News" discusses release of version 1.1 , I purchased the 737 Evolution in December and I was hoping this was a patch but going to Wilco's website there is no mention of it.Am I missing something?

It is a patch and I have began reviewing it. The patch is almost like a new product!Aaron G.
Glad to hear it! Good to hear that Wilco took my comments into account ;-)

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Has Aarons' review been release yet?
I am putting the final touches to it and then sending it to AVSIM for approval. It will be up soon.Aaron G.