Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

My first NGX Paint - PMDG 737-900 NGX WL

Not just you Moe, that's Shade. It does sort of what ENB does. I love it but just haven't spent much time with it. I did for a while, but other than a few times of the day it's perfect how I have it set. My only complaint would be it's still too dark and find myself reaching for the lights at 3PM in Boston.Keep in mid also that screenshots are stills of one frame and until you mentioned pink, never (ever) noticed it.Edit:Oh and thanks William, appreciate it and glad you like it.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

nice work their, looking forward to flying your repaints, and buy the way really ejoye the video. Showed a friend of mine the video the other day and could not believe how real it was, thus what I had to since I bought KDFW give him a shot of that as well to show how real some things can be.Concluding looking forward to flying your birdthanks so much Ronny

Thanks everyone. I'm glad you like it. I've only done a small handful of videos, but continue to learn from everyone else. I thought the music selection might turn off most for this one, but couldn't resist after I experimented with it. I did a short J41 vid using a couple short techno clips and lots of people liked it, so changed my mind from the original idea where I used a version of "Nothing Else Matters" from Metallica that I redid all on keyboard. I think the Night at the Roxbury tune worked good with the AES vehicles and just made me laugh :)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Dan the man your idea for getting rid of seam on fuselage worked dont know how as moving the back layer does not make sense to me but it worked well done

Rich Sennett

The comments in the youtube comments explain everything that I might have left out here:

Addons used:Airport = Fly Tampa's LOWW - Vienna 2 FSXAircraft = PMDG 737-900NGXClouds = Rex 2Camera angles for recording = EZCARecording software = FrapsOther = Shade for sky lighting, shading and shadows

So if you mean the extra vehicles and baggage, etc, that is like Peter said, Fly Tampa's Vienna 2. If you mean getting the ground angles, or recording views, that would be EZCA.@ Richard, glad that worked out for you. I only understand why it works to a point, but don't understand why it's shifting to create the white line to begin with. I can't see it being the paint kits PSDs since that just doesn't make sense, but flattening psds can have stranger things happen (especially when effects are merged).

Dan Prunier

Well, I have a few more videos being previewed by the beta painters and pushed this one through to hopefully either shed some light for some of you other painters and help in understanding, or maybe you can point out what exactly is broken that I'm missing. I'm not trying to argue, I just want to better understand what all the problems are since maybe I'm reading into it, or not reading enough into it.I also was told some people in other countries couldn't view my video on the first page because of my choice in music. That's just a shame that any country would block that funny song :wink:Anywho, here tiz. This is the narrated "Day" version, video#2. 5 (ok 4, 1 rendering as I type) videos are still being previewed and once they're all done I'll probably post an index of them all. If you want to help beta them and give me the needed feedback I need, please swing by and lend a hand. Lot's of peops on Christmas and only a handful of painters around with limited time.Watch in full screen 1080p, if you watch it from here you will need to choose 1080p, despite your youtube preferences.

Dan Prunier

Sorry to bump this again, but people have pm'd asking for the original video without the music that's being blocked in their countries. This video is a continuation of the one above and the exact one used in the first video I posted (minus the landing). These are still not publicly listed in youtube since I don't want people to expect them all to be there. I will make them public when I'm sure they are all done and when I can be sure PMDG has any objections from any of the content.Also I want to be sure people can follow them before even making them public to you all. We all have our own slang and most of the ones I've redone is because I seem to forget that. The music I use in the one above and this one is my own so shouldn't be blocked. No music will be used when we get into the instructional phase and actual learning part of the tutorial. I just found it better and more soothing to have something to listen to during the breaks of me babbling in these.

Check the comment section for other links to previous and next videos. I link them there as well as any corrections I may have in things I say. In re-doing so many of these videos I may say something wrong like "APU exhaust" when I should have said "APU Vent". These are minor things and will not pollute these videos with annotations (I hate annotations and shut them off).

Dan Prunier

Hey gang, Good news, bad news.I figured I'd update this since I intended to have this all far done by now. Long story short, life happens and took presedence. The good news is that I went ahead and uploaded this paint to Avsim and it's already available.You can download my paint here.I hope people like it, but the reason why I say it's good news, is because I lot of paint questions for the 900 and 700 have come my way and I feel bad not having the videos done yet. I have 120 gb still of video to edit, audio to clean up (a lot), and so on and so on. At least for the ones I've been hearing from can use this paint as blueprints to what I can't really explain in a emailpm. One of these things that I've been explaining is how simple it is to do both the winglet and non winglet version in one shot. This paint has both. The non-winglet version is simply a thumbnail and a texture.cfg (it works, I wrote it to work). It also will hopefully answer what I've been trying to explain about bump mapping and windows, alignment, etc,,, etc,,,This also relieves me of a little guilt since I still have a couple days before I can even get back to doing the videos. One of lifes little urgencies is just a little more,,, well, urgent.Let me know what you think guys, and please post pictures of you parked on boobies!Thanks,PS. This paint "IS" the course materials for the tutorial as well. So be sure to have this as is when watching the next set of videos. That way you don't even need to pick up a brush and still learn via reference the 1st time through. That will make sense when you follow the tutorial.Edit: If you didn't watch the videos, also keep in mind 2 things; the top outer half of the wings bump mapping is still not fixed (will be your project) bumps are a teeny bit exaggerated. I did every rivet and line myself and I need to point out and remind people that I'm a painter, not a rivet couter. I did it as close as I could to what was there, but also for what I think looked good. So if you're missing your favorite rivet, then sorry about that.

Edited by Turbine777

Dan Prunier