Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Anyone gone back from large to smaller screen?!

Stephen -- Are you entirely happy with your 40" DYNEX?Thanks,Bruce
Hi Bruce,I think it is terrific, total immersion. I was able to remove all jaggies and have no shimmering at all, even with fences and the electrical wires by the bridge just south of Anacortes, by using the following settings which has not impacted performance much at all. This does cause my 580GTX to run near 100% so these might be too heavy for those with less capable hardware:830Nvidia_Inspector_Setti.pngKind regards,

Stephen -Thanks much for the reply.I have a 580GTX also, but not oc'd. I run a Hanns G 28" monitor right now @1920x1200 and it is very nice, but at some point I would like to have a 40" and the Dynex seems reasonably priced. Would you say the 580 must be oc'd to provide satisfactory results on the Dynex 40"?Thanks!BruceForgot to mention I have the same settings in Nvidia Inspector with the same driver.

Stephen -Thanks much for the reply.I have a 580GTX also, but not oc'd. I run a Hanns G 28" monitor right now @1920x1200 and it is very nice, but at some point I would like to have a 40" and the Dynex seems reasonably priced. Would you say the 580 must be oc'd to provide satisfactory results on the Dynex 40"?Thanks!BruceForgot to mention I have the same settings in Nvidia Inspector with the same driver.
Yeah, I think a regular clocked 580 GTX would handle it well. It all works smooth because it is being fed by a fast CPU, the RAM has low latency and the SSD never makes anything wait. I like the picture quality. If you want to test what it might look like, change your resolution to 1920x1080 and test. Of course the screen will look stretched, but it should give you a good idea what to expect.By the way, if you ask to test the LCD TVs in a shop they will likely let you bring in and hook your computer up and test with FSX. They will be interested is seeing it anyway. That way you will know what you are getting in advance.Kind regards,

My cpu is an I5-2500k @4.2 done with the auto oc. I just now gave up on trying to manually oc higher. Was trying to follow suggestions from Word Not Allowed and just couldn't do it.I'll try the 1920x1080 resolution. Dynex is the house brand for Best Buy. I'll check out their return policy. I would rather buy and return than take my system over there.Thanks again!

Hi Bruce,I think it is terrific, total immersion. I was able to remove all jaggies and have no shimmering at all, even with fences and the electrical wires by the bridge just south of Anacortes, by using the following settings which has not impacted performance much at all. This does cause my 580GTX to run near 100% so these might be too heavy for those with less capable hardware:Kind regards,
Kudos SpiritFlyer, that aa mode is an improvement. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif