Sign in to follow this  
raymar

The Christmas Sales are here - Looking for a helicopter this year.

If I were to make some suggestions, try out the cera simulations helos. The 222b is their most recent, but all models fly very well with excellent detail in the VC. Sadly, due to piracy they have decided to discontinue making aircraft. You can still purchase the aircraft online.Dodosim makes a great 206 with 5 levels of difficulty, sadly, it no longer works with my joystick... it seems to detect a completely separate throttle axis and refuses to respond to my throttle through FSUIPC. -Damien

Dodosim makes a great 206 with 5 levels of difficulty, sadly, it no longer works with my joystick... it seems to detect a completely separate throttle axis and refuses to respond to my throttle through FSUIPC.
They have a support forum on Hovercontrol and they're actually pretty responsive. Maybe worth a visit.
I have actually been eyeballing the CeraSims Bell 212 for some time. How was it? How well are the systems simulated, and does it fly well?
I own the Cera 212. It looks good, has good system depth, and seems to fly well. I can't comment in depth, though, because I haven't been able to spend enough time with it yet - am mainly trying to master the Dodo as a way of getting into helicopters. But I'm looking forward to branching out. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Cerasims Bell 222 is a great Helo with a decent FDE and a fair amount of good repaints as well.Cheers.

They have a support forum on Hovercontrol and they're actually pretty responsive. Maybe worth a visit.
I'll check them out.. I'd been in contact with the developer of the Dodosim 206, but all he came up with is that there was some other axis.. Thanks.-Damien

And after 10 minutes digging around in their support forum, I found a thread that had a fix that worked. it appears to be a multi-throttle axis glitch.. I remember looking there when I originally had the problem but must have glazed over the thread. made a .cfg file, ran the helo and did a nice flight ending in a crash.. and because it actually flew like it should.. I thank you.-Damien

...it appears to be a multi-throttle axis glitch..
Oh, right, of course! I had that when I first bought it - had forgotten completely about it. I didn't know from Hovercontrol back then and spent an afternoon googling before I came up with the fix. Glad you got it worked out. As for crashing... well, I'm pretty much able to land now (occasionally rattling some teeth) and can hover, sort of, in a really ugly-looking way. That's after a couple of months of practice. On good days it feels like I'm getting there... so maybe there's hope for all of us who are new on the block.Enjoy!

Well gang, I picked the AW109. It looks great. I took it for a couple of short flight - not knowing much about helos but got it up easily and down a little fast but didn't hurt anyone. I downloaded some black seats and about a half dozen more repaints. Tomorrow will be my helicopter day. Thanks all.My timing was good. The SP2 is out and updates a few glitches. Less than $15. Wow. I love a good sale. BTW - Aerosoft has the Carenado 337H Skymaster for 40% off. Check out the Avsim review and buy this one. i don't think you can go wrong with it. I have a Turbo update at Carenado support.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi Folks,I have really enjoyed reading this thread; since it has some good information "you all" have provided for a first time potential "Heli" buyer. Of course the half price deal also got my attention. I have been sorta like Ray, not sure which one to purchase. My first thought was the AW 109 or maybe a more simplier one to start with. The 109 deffinately looks like the one that may take some more time in tthe learning curve. Just wondering if there is a a quick start up to check the FDE etc., before digging intol the manuals. I know it will take patience to get the knack of flying helicopters. I have thick manuals on the CLS and PMDGs, which have taken hours if not days to learn how to fly. I still have a long way to go before becoming a decent flight sim pilot on this forum.Being almost 70 doesn't give me a whole lot of time since the old eyes are starting to showi signs of a real senior citizen. Any way just want to say thanks and Merry Christmas,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The AW109 is now a decent bird. They recently patched the FDE (from what I read it was a brand new fde), and it's much much better. For half off that's the chopper I'd get. It's the fastest one around.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Always wanted to try helos. Just curious, it states you need Acceleration. Since my FSX is configured without Acceleration, but patched to sp2, can Acceleration be installed with my current configuration? Also, are there any addons that have trouble with Acceleration installed?ThanksBob

Ray,I've had a lot of fun with the Aerosoft Seahawk.http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd490!20,5847488700,10289But, I love the ND 135.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi Folks,I have really enjoyed reading this thread; since it has some good information "you all" have provided for a first time potential "Heli" buyer. Of course the half price deal also got my attention. I have been sorta like Ray, not sure which one to purchase. My first thought was the AW 109 or maybe a more simplier one to start with. The 109 deffinately looks like the one that may take some more time in tthe learning curve. Just wondering if there is a a quick start up to check the FDE etc., before digging intol the manuals. I know it will take patience to get the knack of flying helicopters. I have thick manuals on the CLS and PMDGs, which have taken hours if not days to learn how to fly. I still have a long way to go before becoming a decent flight sim pilot on this forum.Being almost 70 doesn't give me a whole lot of time since the old eyes are starting to showi signs of a real senior citizen.Any way just want to say thanks and Merry Christmas,Carl
It was running when I loaded FSX so I just added power and away I went. It has a sharp VC, outstanding paint and details, HD and Lite choices for all textures, retractable gear and autopilot. 2 slightly different panels. I installed it as v1.01, added the 1.02 update and away we go. I will probably also get the Huey just to hear the **, **, **.The manual is pretty dry reading and you can download it without purchasing. google pdf for the model.Ray

Always wanted to try helos. Just curious, it states you need Acceleration. Since my FSX is configured without Acceleration, but patched to sp2, can Acceleration be installed with my current configuration? Also, are there any addons that have trouble with Acceleration installed?ThanksBob
I can't think of an SP2 native addon that would have trouble with Acceleration installed.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ray,Thanks for the info. Just what I wanted to know. Will pick up the AW-190 and start thinking about one more before the sale ends. these sales are killiing me. Sure would like to see a Fly Tampa sale but I don't think they have ever had one.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I can't think of an SP2 native addon that would have trouble with Acceleration installed.
Not so sure about that. This is an Acceleration native addon, not an SP2 native. ND/Milviz states that it needs ACCEL not just SP2. I would think they would know something about it. Might have something to do with the rain and snow on the windshield or maybe to naked girls serving drinks in the VIP edition.Ray