Sign in to follow this  

HiHas anyone seen this beforeIf I pan with my hat switch or num lock to change views, The sim will never go back to the proper original centre eyepoint. It is always looking at some weird spot then I have to hit a reset eyepoint button to get my forward view backHow do I reset the return view ( maybe this is a general fsx command or joystick reset but Im not sure)How do I reset the sims basic views , Almost forgot ,,,, this only seems to happen in the 2d cockpitThoughtsThanksPeter

Try Ctrl + Space (Space Bar)

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

Try Ctrl + Space (Space Bar)
Yes that works but can I change the position considered as default. It seems to be pointed up ( ie looking much too high ) I always have to lower the position manually

Peter you can try and alter the eye point in the aircraft.cfg file.a typical value is :-[Views]eyepoint = 53.0, -1.8, 4.3 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum.have my self altered these valuses to get a better view for VFR flights.I have never altered the CameraDefination values so somebody may jump in and and advise.bob

Peter, I always use the virtual cockpit and have assigned a key on the joystick just below the hat switch with Settings/Controls/Buttons-Keys/Views/Look Forward. It has the option for the 3D or 2D cockpit.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

In the 2d panel view, the setting is in the panel.cfg file[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=5.5, 0.0, 0.0The first parameter is pitch

Bert

In the 2d panel view, the setting is in the panel.cfg file[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=5.5, 0.0, 0.0The first parameter is pitchThank you very much for this Pete

Edited by pk