Sign in to follow this  
Sim pilot

Pushback inquire

I have been flying liners for quite some time. My question is regarding pushback. I understand that on the keyboard you click on Shift+2 to make the tail go right, Shift+1 to make the tail go left. Sometimes it works and somes times it doesn't, I have to on occastion had to throttle up then stop, then start all over again with pushback several times before it works. Has anyone out there dealt with this situation before, and what did you do or is there anything that can be done to resolve this. If not then I guess I will have to deal with this. Why is that? it gets frustrating at times. I just wanted to run this by to the Flt Simmers that are out there, possibly get an explanation on why this accrues. I appreciate all who responds back to this posting. Thanks.

There is a nice pushback addon in the library by Ron Barendregt.You should be able to install it, and your worries are over. :-)

Once you start pushback do not change your "view". If you change view the tail right or tail left will not work. If you change your view you need to stop pusback and start over again with "shift+p" and then the "1" or "2" to get the tail turning.Bill

I recommend you try Aerosoft's AES. You can try it for free and there are a number of excellent freeware airports that are supported so you can give it a thorough trial before you need to invest any money for additional airports.

My question is regarding pushback. I understand that on the keyboard you click on Shift+2 to make the tail go right, Shift+1 to make the tail go left. Sometimes it works and somes times it doesn't, I have to on occastion had to throttle up then stop, then start all over again with pushback several times before it works. Has anyone out there dealt with this situation before, and what did you do or is there anything that can be done to resolve this. If not then I guess I will have to deal with this. Why is that? it gets frustrating at times. I just wanted to run this by to the Flt Simmers that are out there, possibly get an explanation on why this accrues. I appreciate all who responds back to this posting. Thanks.
As Holclo says, the correct commands are Shift-P followed by 1 or two for left or right. I cannot say I have ever found these commands any less reliable than any other in FS - except when my stubby fingers don't find the keys in time. You do need to do the 1 or 2 quite quickly.If you find your aircraft doesn't turn, just use Shift-P again to immediately stop it and then repeat your Shift-P plus 1 or 2.The only issue I know of is where third-party software that adopts the numeral keys for other uses, for example, PFE, which is readily identifiable as it will also give problems with engine selection etc (E followed by 1 etc).John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Hi,I have AES installed plus all the pay ware associated with it.But have the ATN Gauge by Etienne Martin installed in all of my planes - superb program - and use that instead of AES's pushback.Thoroughly recommend it -pushback at variable speed with ability to steer the plane - taxi speed adjustable and numerous of other facilitys.Do not know if it works for FSX though.Other addons to consider,again I have them installed in all of my planes, SALS an automatic ILS gauge for any RWY in FS and FDSX for atmosphere.I use FDSX as a memory jogger, ie Passengers boarded -start APU/Seatbelts/Close doors etc Attendants ready for TO -check flaps /trim/AT/Hdg set.Regards JohnT

I assigned push back commands in FS9 to ctrl-left arrow, ctrl-right arrow, and control-down arrow corresponding to tail direction. I have not had any problem using the hat switch to look switch views during push back.PMDG aircraft (at least the 737s) have their own assignments in the keyboard assignment menu.