Sign in to follow this  
VirginAus737

FPS Increase per 100 MHz

Well if thats the case, I may not. I may try and see what I can do with 1.5V.
Yeah. You're honestly not going to tell a difference.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I cant really see how an increased RAM speed is going to affect how the CPU scales with overclocking. I may try more complex aircraft, but I am not going to risk hardware failiure.

Guest jahman
I cant really see how an increased RAM speed is going to affect how the CPU scales with overclocking. I may try more complex aircraft, but I am not going to risk hardware failiure.
At some PC point RAM will progressively become the bottleneck: Then further OCing will yield marginal results.Cheers,- jahman.

VAThe only point I was trying to make is that if you have a fast cpu and slow RAM you are not going to see optimum performance gains. The RAM may not make much difference but IMHO if the RAM is not up to speed then you can bottleneck the cpu. The RAM and cpu work together and it stands to reason if one is slow, its going to drag the other one back.I'm not saying you will get significant increases in fps but you may get a more sustainable result. It is a question of balance.RegardsPeterH

At some PC point RAM will progressively become the bottleneck: Then further OCing will yield marginal results.Cheers,- jahman.
+1, after reaching the max overclock on your rams you can always try to lower the timing to get more out of them.

1.65 volts is fine for Sandy Bridge RAM, but not one iota more.Kind regards,
Always depend if you want to overclock your rams, if not always use the manuf. rated voltage.As I always said if you can't afford to overclock don't.On paper DDR3 Rams are rated by intel at 1.8v max, overclocking your rams (MHz) or lowering the timing will (in almost every case) need more voltage.It's like a CPU, they have a normal running voltage and they have the MAX rating voltage.

VAThe only point I was trying to make is that if you have a fast cpu and slow RAM you are not going to see optimum performance gains.The RAM may not make much difference but IMHO if the RAM is not up to speed then you can bottleneck the cpu.The RAM and cpu work together and it stands to reason if one is slow, its going to drag the other one back.I'm not saying you will get significant increases in fps but you may get a more sustainable result. It is a question of balance.RegardsPeterH
You are right if you forget about timing, lets take the X58 platform and lets say you have some DDR3 rams running at 2000MHz @ 9-9-9-27 2T and you also have some 1600MHz @ 6-6-6-18 1T the 1600MHz will be the fastest because of the timing, now you'll be better off with some 2000MHz @ 7-7-7-21 1T overclocked a little like mine at 2004MHz 7-7-6-20 1T compare to the 1600MHz at 6-6-6--24 1T, will this make a HUGE difference if you are benchmarking....naaaaa....but it will make a difference with FSX.Same principal apply to SB rams.

RAM speeds or timings have a minimal impact in FSX (only a few percent) as long as you have DDR3 in dual chanel. It would not affect the scaling of the CPU overclock in that way. You are limited by somthing else.EditI cant see the picture you uploaded...