Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VirginAus737

FPS Increase per 100 MHz

Hi there,Well its the question I bet many of you have been asking ans so I spent my afternoon and evening trying to find an answer and came out with some results. To test this, if you haven't read my other thread, I ran three instances of FSXMark11 at each speed. It wasn't a vanilla install of FSX but it shouldn't matter because I was running against my own results. So here are my results:As you can see there isn't really that much of an increase at all with it been between around 4FPS for 800MHz, not very impressive. I didn't go up to 4.9 or 5 due to heat reasons but maybe I will try one day. The settings are the ones used for FSXMark11 and on top of that are 8xS AA, 2x Supersampling and 8x AF. I can't think of too much else to say, ask your questions and I will try my best to answer them.Enjoy,

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute. ~Gil Stern

20% overclock, 12% more FPSI think that using a complex A/C will scale almost 1:1 with CPU clocks. At least that's what I see here

maybe, i might try it again one day to use more of the CPU intensive systems on something like the NGX but then again, you would think that those features would take away from other features leaving you with the same scaling. Interesting never the less.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute. ~Gil Stern

Hi there,Well its the question I bet many of you have been asking ans so I spent my afternoon and evening trying to find an answer and came out with some results. To test this, if you haven't read my other thread, I ran three instances of FSXMark11 at each speed. It wasn't a vanilla install of FSX but it shouldn't matter because I was running against my own results. So here are my results:As you can see there isn't really that much of an increase at all with it been between around 4FPS for 800MHz, not very impressive. I didn't go up to 4.9 or 5 due to heat reasons but maybe I will try one day. The settings are the ones used for FSXMark11 and on top of that are 8xS AA, 2x Supersampling and 8x AF. I can't think of too much else to say, ask your questions and I will try my best to answer them.Enjoy,
Try to do some more testing because that seems VERY off IMHO.

I have my RAM at 1333 MHz 7-7-7-21. I don't know how much I can overclock it if at all. Any Ideas?

I have my RAM at 1333 MHz 7-7-7-21. I don't know how much I can overclock it if at all. Any Ideas?
Bump up the voltage to like 1.65 and go to DDR3@2000. Set timings to something like 9-10-9-28.

20% overclock, 12% more FPSI think that using a complex A/C will scale almost 1:1 with CPU clocks. At least that's what I see here
The problem is frame rate is not only affected by CPU clocks and indeed would vary between different hardware and software configurations to some degree.

Noel

System:  9900K@4.9Ghz@1.21v all cores w/ HT enabled, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVme 2Tb x 2, RTX 2070 Super FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, Dell curved 3440x1440, Saitek Yoke, TQ & Cessna Trim Wheel, UNLIMITED frames Vsync to 30Hz.

Bump up the voltage to like 1.65 and go to DDR3@2000. Set timings to something like 9-10-9-28.
Over-volting memory .15v is a good way to kill it in my experience.The lower volt kits are more susceptible to this.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Over-volting memory .15v is a good way to kill it in my experience. The lower volt kits are more susceptible to this.
Well, if I purchased RAM that says on the product page, 1.65V. Does this mean that I can't go above 1.65 without frying the RAM?

Well, if I purchased RAM that says on the product page, 1.65V. Does this mean that I can't go above 1.65 without frying the RAM?
Not necessarily. I always question the sanity of people that over-volt RAM, though. RAM is all but guaranteed to fizzle before it should when over-volted much. Weigh that with next to no benefit in FSX.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

You can probably overvolt the memory but you are very probably going to damage or destroy the CPU memory controller if you go too far. I think 1.58 volts is the Intel specified absolute maximum volts for Sandy Bridge.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

I might try 1866 9-9-9-28 or something like that.

You can probably overvolt the memory but you are very probably going to damage or destroy the CPU memory controller if you go too far. I think 1.58 volts is the Intel specified absolute maximum volts for Sandy Bridge.
See how long your memory last .15v over. And actually, 1.65v is pushing it but OK.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Well if thats the case, I may not. I may try and see what I can do with 1.5V.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,910.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now