Sign in to follow this  
fsxkitty

MS has stated Flight won't be Hawaii-only!

It's the double standard we've all come to know and love.

I've heard it said that hope springs eternal.Yes, you will be able to explore the entire world. Eventually, after you've bought the appropriate add-on packs.
Ok, do you know this for certain or you are specaulating like I am?

whats up with you MM? .. i just read an XPX post of yours that talks about how you hate personal opinions and speculation regarding XP and the next post of yours I read was you making personal opinions and speculations regarding Flight. :(
Guess we know who the forum stalker is now! :(

Danny

whats up with you MM?
Not much, man, what's up with you? :(
.. i just read an XPX post of yours that talks about how you hate personal opinions and speculation regarding XP...
Nope, I've never said anything of the sort. How about providing a link so we can see what I actually said and in what context.
Ok, do you know this for certain or you are specaulating like I am?
Of course I'm speculating, but I'm basing it on the fact that everything we've seen from Flight up to this point has been exclusively set in Hawaii, that Microsoft will be unveiling an eshop to coincide with the release of Flight, and that the current trend in video game development is to sell a base package and then extend it (and the developer's profits) through downloaded content. It would also fit in with Microsoft's stated goal of making Flight more "accessible" to the average consumer, and what better way to increase accessibility than by restricting the base package to a small, well-detailed region and general aviation aircraft while giving more experienced flight simulator enthusiasts the opportunity to literally expand their horizons with the purchase of additional scenery and aircraft?It'll be interesting to see how this one shakes out, but I don't think I'm far off the mark. Edited by Mountain Man

Of course I'm speculating, but I'm basing it on the fact that everything we've seen from Flight up to this point has been exclusively set in Hawaii, that Microsoft will be unveiling an eshop to coincide with the release of Flight, and that the current trend in video game development is to sell a base package and then extend it (and the developer's profits) through downloaded content. It would also fit in with Microsoft's stated goal of making Flight more "accessible" to the average consumer, and what better way to increase accessibility than by restricting the base package to a small, well-detailed region and general aviation aircraft while giving more experienced flight simulator enthusiasts the opportunity to literally expand their horizons with the purchase of additional scenery and aircraft?It'll be interesting to see how this one shakes out, but I don't think I'm far off the mark.
+1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Yeah good plan, make detailed Hawaii and then take rest of the areas from FSX and sell them with high price.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.