Sign in to follow this  
Mattias Nordin

Confused about approaches

Hi great captains, guess this has been treadmilled many times before, but I'm still confused about approaches.Was coming into KAUS Austin Bergstrom rwy 35L on KALLA2 with LLO transition. Onto the finals I get FAP and G/P on my annunciators. Try to hit the APP button to capture the ILS (both ILS's tuned with courses), but she refuses and sticks to what i guess is a GPS APP. How do I switch between the two? Is there any great guide on APP modes?Thanks for any help!

Mattias,What Hdg and freq did you use?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

1. Did you manually tune the radios first before hitting approach? The NG does not auto-tune the radios either in real life or in the sim.2. Are you positive the FSX "world" has an ILS on that runway on the frequency you entered? Often the FSX world and the navdata will be out of sync because one comes from 2004 or 2005 and the other is accurate to today.You get FAC and G/P (the IAN modes) when there's no valid ILS signal.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

KAUS rwy 35L is an ILS runway in FSX.Nav Frequency 110.30.....................Course 352.( the Navigraph data is different.)The best guide about the APP mode (for localizer and glideslope capture ) is the Fcom Vol2 pages 199/200 )Fred.

I just want to confirm that I often have the same problem as Matthias. Usually it can get the G/S if I change from Vnav to Lvl change and the press app. If I just press app I get the G/P.

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

I just want to confirm that I often have the same problem as Matthias. Usually it can get the G/S if I change from Vnav to Lvl change and the press app. If I just press app I get the G/P.
Capture the localizer in VOR/LOC mode first and then select APP for the glideslope.That usually solves this problem.(It happens when a runway in FSX has dodgy nav frequencies.)Fred.

Capture the localizer in VOR/LOC mode first and then select APP for the glideslope.That usually solves this problem.(It happens when a runway in FSX has dodgy nav frequencies.)Fred.
Never thought of that one. Thx

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.