Sign in to follow this  
N1G

VOXATC CPU Usage - Core usage and CPU hit

Hi,I am considering, but hesitant as it runs on the same CPU as FSX, and I am trying to get an idea of the CPU hit and whether or not it can be forced to use selectable CPU core(s).What are your experiences with the product as it pertains to performance? How much loss did you have once using VOXATC?

The VoxATC by itself hardly has any CPU hit (well I haven't noticed any).what does have a CPU hit is the AI traffic, but that is the AI traffic that hits your CPU not VoxATC that injected it..you could always lower the level of AI that Vox Injects to FSX or disable it completely if you wish.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

The VoxATC by itself hardly has any CPU hit (well I haven't noticed any).what does have a CPU hit is the AI traffic, but that is the AI traffic that hits your CPU not VoxATC that injected it..you could always lower the level of AI that Vox Injects to FSX or disable it completely if you wish.
Thanks Joel, one question though. Are you saying that VoxATC does not inject any of it's own AI, rather it manages the AI traffic that you are using, regardless of the AI traffic package installed?Your reply was just a little bit confusing. One line you stated "not VoxATC that injected it" then you said "AI that Vox Injects to FSX"ThanksBobBob

Joel. I am at present having real problems getting VoxATC to inject any of my UT2 AI so i get zero traffic, yet my #1 core is constantly very high in percentage use and 100% a lot of the time. How come?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks Joel, one question though. Are you saying that VoxATC does not inject any of it's own AI, rather it manages the AI traffic that you are using, regardless of the AI traffic package installed?Your reply was just a little bit confusing. One line you stated "not VoxATC that injected it" then you said "AI that Vox Injects to FSX"ThanksBobBob
ok , I'll try and elaborate it a bit further.VoxATC during the Indexer process reads all your AI traffic as well as scenery AFCAD and others that are installed on your computer.Once Vox has that info it will inject your Installed AI (not VoxATC AI, VoxATC has none - Vox would Inject the AI you Installed on your machine, e.g. UT2 AI, TrafficX AI...etc) into your flying session based on the % settings you specified in VoxATC settings ("VoxATC Settings" icon)The only reason why Vox is the one Injecting the traffic rather then allowing your other AI program to inject the AI, is that Vox would be able and control your AI as well as controlling you.that is why you should set your 3rd party AI program and FSX AI density to "0".I personally disabled UT2 from loading when I launch FSX, so I got that covered.if there will be any CPU hit , it would be only B/C of the AI in your flying session regardless to how they got there (injected or other program added it there).That means the AI has a CPU hit, not VoxATC.Vox engine by itself has no impact on the CPU at all (I did not notice any CPU hit when it was enabled without AI).I hope this cleared things a bit.
Joel. I am at present having real problems getting VoxATC to inject any of my UT2 AI so i get zero traffic, yet my #1 core is constantly very high in percentage use and 100% a lot of the time. How come?
I have UT2 Injecting just fine with by the VoxATC.what seems to be the issue?I believed you ran the Indexer , then ran the UT2Bridge.http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1Have you disabled UT2 from loading into FSX before enabling VoxATC?Your CPU being at 100% is not caused by VoxATC, it is FSX that demands a lot of CPU process.I some times have all of my 6 CPUs (cores, not multi-thread) at 100%, with or without VoxATC.

Joel Strikovsky

I have UT2 Injecting just fine with by the VoxATC.what seems to be the issue?I believed you ran the Indexer , then ran the UT2Bridge.
Yes i have run the Indexer and the UT2Bridge.I am just guessing here but i monitored as best i could when running the Indexer, but i am pretty sure there was no mention of UT2 stuff showing up in the indexer dialog while it ran (it goes pretty fast). Plenty of scenery files but no UT2.So i am wondering if it is not finding the UT2 AI planes. If this is the case, how do i get the Indexer to do this?Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Yes i have run the Indexer and the UT2Bridge.I am just guessing here but i monitored as best i could when running the Indexer, but i am pretty sure there was no mention of UT2 stuff showing up in the indexer dialog while it ran (it goes pretty fast). Plenty of scenery files but no UT2.So i am wondering if it is not finding the UT2 AI planes. If this is the case, how do i get the Indexer to do this?Regards,
I think I see where your issue is:You need UT2 Bridge to get UT2 working with VoxATC.UT2 Bridge is a utility that you can run after the VoxATC Indexer that converts the UT2 flight plans. You can download it from www.voxatc.net/UT2BridgeSetup.msiAfter installation, go to your VoxATC folder (usually C:Program FilesInternal WorkingsVoxATC X) and run UT2Bridge.exeThat will start the conversion running. When it's finished close UT2 Bridge. You should now have traffic with UT2 aircraft.You should set the UT2 traffic volume to 0, or not even run it at all.Remember: everytime you run the Vox Indexer for whatever reason, run the UT2Bridge utility/EXE after.

Joel Strikovsky

I think I see where your issue is:You need UT2 Bridge to get UT2 working with VoxATC.UT2 Bridge is a utility that you can run after the VoxATC Indexer that converts the UT2 flight plans. You can download it from www.voxatc.net/UT2BridgeSetup.msiAfter installation, go to your VoxATC folder (usually C:Program FilesInternal WorkingsVoxATC X) and run UT2Bridge.exeThat will start the conversion running. When it's finished close UT2 Bridge. You should now have traffic with UT2 aircraft.You should set the UT2 traffic volume to 0, or not even run it at all.Remember: everytime you run the Vox Indexer for whatever reason, run the UT2Bridge utility/EXE after.
I have done this but it will not show my UT2 ai. As i said, i don't think the Indexer is scanning mi 'UT2 Aircraft folder'

Rick Hobbs

it is not the Indexer that scans your UT2 AI , it is the UT2Bridge tool that does.Is UT2 injects AI traffic at all (even without using the VoxATC)?have you run that tool and disabled UT2?

Joel Strikovsky

it is not the Indexer that scans your UT2 AI , it is the UT2Bridge tool that does.Is UT2 injects AI traffic at all (even without using the VoxATC)?have you run that tool and disabled UT2?
How do i disable UT2?

Rick Hobbs

Assuming you have windows 7.Start -> Run%AppData%MicrosoftFSXthere you will find bunch of files that belongs to FSX.search for "exe.xml"edit the file with notepad.goto the UT2 section and replace the False to True like in the example.<Name>UT2</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <Path>Flight One SoftwareUltimate Traffic 2UT2Services.exe</Path></Launch.Addon>Save the file and your done.don't touch the others, only the UT2 section. also make sure you don't have duplicates of UT2 therethat essentially marks that UT2 shouldn't load when you launch FSX.

Joel Strikovsky

Assuming you have windows 7.Start -> Run%AppData%MicrosoftFSXthere you will find bunch of files that belongs to FSX.search for "exe.xml"edit the file with notepad.goto the UT2 section and replace the False to True like in the example.<Name>UT2</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <Path>Flight One SoftwareUltimate Traffic 2UT2Services.exe</Path></Launch.Addon>Save the file and your done.don't touch the others, only the UT2 section. also make sure you don't have duplicates of UT2 therethat essentially marks that UT2 shouldn't load when you launch FSX.
Hi again Joel. Thanks a million for your patience. I have been having real difficulty with this. I have now disabled UT2 but still no UT2 planes. Just ran the Indexer again (lost count of the times) and then ran the UT2Bridge tool. With VOXATC traffic set at 50% and all other at 0% (UT2 & FSX), i get all kinds of default (FSX) a/c and no UT2 a/c + quite a hit on my FPS. Whereas before i was a good 5-6 fps better with just 30%UT2 traffic. So i guess the hit is from 50% default AI.Anyhow, i am still where i was 5 days ago - No UT2 traffic and fresh out of ideas.By the time the DEV. gets back off holidays (because no answer to my emails), My 7-days is up and where i stand right now i don't feel like puting money out on something still not working after 7-days.

Rick Hobbs

Rick, If you don't get this sorted out before your demo elapses, contact Tegwyn and explain to him what has happened. I know he has extended demo time to other folks. He's not real visible, but he's very good to work with when you have a problem.

NAX669.png

Rick, If you don't get this sorted out before your demo elapses, contact Tegwyn and explain to him what has happened. I know he has extended demo time to other folks. He's not real visible, but he's very good to work with when you have a problem.
Hi Mike. Yes it was my intention to ask that. I guess i chose a bad time to do something like this and then run into problems because on this one i think its going to take time. Just can't think what the heck i am obviously doing wrong.

Rick Hobbs

Once you get it straightened out, I think you'll really like the program. I've used RC4, PFE and now VOX. I think VOX feels the most realistic of all. It's not perfect but it's pretty good.

NAX669.png