Sign in to follow this  
dighost

Buying extra copy of FSX?

No, they'll keep producing and selling the FSX DVD set so they can continue funding development of Flight :Big Grin:Cheers,- jahman.
funniest thing i've seen all day

I have all my software backed up in triplicate :-) However, after a computer crash or rebuild when trying to install the software if those companies are "gone" the online activation would be gone with it.I speak from experience as this just happened with some non-flight sim software I purchased last year. Rebuild of my computer required re-activation but the company no longer exists so I no longer have access to my purchased software :'(
I would have agreed with you up until last week when I accidentally fried a mobo and had to order a new one- only to find that I couldn't get the same one (first installed 2 years ago), so upgraded to a Sandy Bridge- and thought at first that this would definitely need a new OS install (and hence new FSX install). But thanks to another forum member's help here, I found that as long as you can download new chipset drivers and you have your SATA settings set the same, you can be up and running in 5 minutes with a new mobo (and CPU plus memory for me), w ith exactly the same OS and FSX setup that was installed originally.....Thanks, Bruce.

I would have agreed with you up until last week when I accidentally fried a mobo and had to order a new one- only to find that I couldn't get the same one (first installed 2 years ago), so upgraded to a Sandy Bridge- and thought at first that this would definitely need a new OS install (and hence new FSX install). But thanks to another forum member's help here, I found that as long as you can download new chipset drivers and you have your SATA settings set the same, you can be up and running in 5 minutes with a new mobo (and CPU plus memory for me), w ith exactly the same OS and FSX setup that was installed originally.....Thanks, Bruce.
I had to do the same when I upgraded to SB but I hab to reavtivate FSX, which didn't work well. I finally was able to activate w
I had to do the same when I upgraded to SB but I hab to reavtivate FSX, which didn't work well. I was finally able to activate with the system in safe mode.