Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

Syncing hardware throttle positions (Saitek)

I fly a very ecclectic group of aircraft and have tried to setup almost everything through FSUIPC given the wide variety of configurations (Single engine pistons, 2 engine piston/turbo regionals, 2-4 engine commerical jets, 4 engine turbo props and so fourth).I know that FSUIPC is not recommended by PMDG, however I also know many use it with success. I personally am able to use FSUIPC as long as I only assign axes through it, but do not calibrate my throttle axes (flaps, spoilers, gear, etc work fine).The problem for me with this is that I am unable to sync the throttle positions through FSUIPC. For those who have the Saitek quadrant, you know that the same physical hardware position can have very different N1 settings. Ok, maybe not very different, but 2-3% which can produce enough assymetric thrust to be annoying.So, does anyone know how I can try to sync the hardware positions of my thrust axes either through FSUIPC without messing with the NGX or somewhere out of FSUIPC? Thanks for any and all help.Eric Szczesniak

Eric Szczesniak

Me to its so annoying, Wayne.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Eric,For my single props, twin props and twin jets (including PMDGNGX):I use FSUIPC for Throttle (Saitek) axis assignments and calibrations. No problems there.I use the the Saitek Throttle reverser buttons in FSUIPC assignments. No Problem there.I use FSUIPC buttons assignments for Flaps, Gear, , Autopilot, and Elevator trim on the Saitek Yoke. No problems there.I use FSUIPC to assign the rocker buttons on the Saitek throttles for TO/GA, A/T and Parking Brakes. No problems there.

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Eric,For my single props, twin props and twin jets (including PMDGNGX):I use FSUIPC for Throttle (Saitek) axis assignments and calibrations. No problems there.I use the the Saitek Throttle reverser buttons in FSUIPC assignments. No Problem there.I use FSUIPC buttons assignments for Flaps, Gear, , Autopilot, and Elevator trim on the Saitek Yoke. No problems there.I use FSUIPC to assign the rocker buttons on the Saitek throttles for TO/GA, A/T and Parking Brakes. No problems there.
Could you share exactly how you've set up your throttles in FSUIPC since you're not having any problems? Do you use direct or normal FSX axes, are you filtering the axes, etc? I really would like to be able to use FSUIPC calibration so I could synchronize the throttle positions.Eric Szczesniak

Eric Szczesniak

So, does anyone know how I can try to sync the hardware positions of my thrust axes either through FSUIPC without messing with the NGX or somewhere out of FSUIPC? Thanks for any and all help.
I'd love an answer to this as well.
Me to its so annoying, Wayne.
Are you guys referring to the "blue arc/tick mark" showing on the display when using FSUIPC for throttle axis assignment?

Are you guys referring to the "blue arc/tick mark" showing on the display when using FSUIPC for throttle axis assignment?
No. What we're talking about is that when using a controller that has two levers assigned to control engine 1 & 2 throttles with both levers physically in the same position (on the throttle quadrant) we find the N1 in the sim for engines 1 & 2 differs by a couple percent between each engine. This is simply a reality that the relatively "cheap" hardware used by flight simulator enthusiasts just aren't accurate enough to be the same from unit to unit. FSUIPC allows you to tell the program when the hardware is in the same position. It will then intercept these axes being reported in slightly different positions and output to the simulator as the same position. While the difference is usually only 1-3% N1, this is enough to end up with a couples of degrees of yaw on approach or to require constant steering input to stay straight while taxiing.Eric Szczesniak Edited by ESzczesniak

Eric Szczesniak

No. What we're talking about is that when using a controller that has two levers assigned to control engine 1 & 2 throttles with both levers physically in the same position (on the throttle quadrant) we find the N1 in the sim for engines 1 & 2 differs by a couple percent between each engine. This is simply a reality that the relatively "cheap" hardware used by flight simulator enthusiasts just aren't accurate enough to be the same from unit to unit. FSUIPC allows you to tell the program when the hardware is in the same position. It will then intercept these axes being reported in slightly different positions and output to the simulator as the same position. While the difference is usually only 1-3% N1, this is enough to end up with a couples of degrees of yaw on approach or to require constant steering input to stay straight while taxiing.Eric Szczesniak
Got it. Thanks

I'm not sure how we could possibly account for this - that's Saitek using bad potentiometers in their hardware if the same setting doesn't get the same readout to the computer on each throttle.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi !In FSUIPC, Have you tried to sync throttles with Hot Key "sync all throttles" I have affected Ctrl+Shift+S (for sync) to this Hot Key and it seems to work perfectly ! Beware anyway, if you want to modify throttle position after that, you have to toggle again to de-synchronize your throttles.Another way to solve your problem is :In FSUIPC / Joystick calibration / separate throttle per engine - adjust high and low limits of one of your throttles to make a perfect sync beetween in and out values of readout. See the FSUIPC user guide, page 47 +Hope this helpsPierre LFBE

Hi guys,I was able to calibrate using FSUIPC, the issue is that it will override NGX AT when moving the throtles even with the option to not do so enabled.

2-3% with hardware throttles? Don't expect the real A/C to have hardware that calibrated... Shouldn't introduce much yaw at all.

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules