Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

SDK...

Did PMDG and Orbx state there was no SDK, or did they state they were not happy with the terms Microsoft were demanding for them to become third party developers for Flight and so refused to sign up? Because that's what I remember reading, but my memory could be fuzzy.There will be no publicly available SDK. If a developer does decide to jump through all of Microsoft's legal hoops to gain access to the marketplace I'm sure some form of SDK will be made available to them (otherwise how could they develop new add-ons?)Ultimately it is the developers (we know of) who made the decision not to develop for Flight. Arguably because Microsoft's terms were unfair or too restrictive, but that's not the same as Microsoft banning third-party participation (although it may have the same end-result).

Did PMDG and Orbx state there was no SDK, or did they state they were not happy with the terms Microsoft were demanding for them to become third party developers for Flight and so refused to sign up? Because that's what I remember reading, but my memory could be fuzzy.There will be no publicly available SDK. If a developer does decide to jump through all of Microsoft's legal hoops to gain access to the marketplace I'm sure some form of SDK will be made available to them (otherwise how could they develop new add-ons?)Ultimately it is the developers (we know of) who made the decision not to develop for Flight. Arguably because Microsoft's terms were unfair or too restrictive, but that's not the same as Microsoft banning third-party participation (although it may have the same end-result).
At least flyawaysimulations article says thatt here is no public SDK, which means that at least we will never see third party freeware which is enough to kill Flight for most. And most payware devs will most probably not want to pay big part of their addons income to MS so I doubt that we will see any third party addons. And as long as Flight will have few small regions they would be mostly useless anyway, at least all big jets.

Did PMDG and Orbx state there was no SDK, or did they state they were not happy with the terms Microsoft were demanding for them to become third party developers for Flight and so refused to sign up? Because that's what I remember reading, but my memory could be fuzzy. There will be no publicly available SDK. If a developer does decide to jump through all of Microsoft's legal hoops to gain access to the marketplace I'm sure some form of SDK will be made available to them (otherwise how could they develop new add-ons?) Ultimately it is the developers (we know of) who made the decision not to develop for Flight. Arguably because Microsoft's terms were unfair or too restrictive, but that's not the same as Microsoft banning third-party participation (although it may have the same end-result).
Orbx said this:
Later in 2010 we were told to go away, no SDK will be shipped.
I don't believe MS told the devs to go away. You always have to take Orbx's posts with a pinch of salt (which has become clear elsewhere on this forum where two other developers (finally) spoke up against Orbx). After reading the PMDG post about this, I think you can say it was a matter of not getting an agreement on how to progress: the developers didn't agree with the terms of MS.And of course developers who want to work on MS Flight will get the tools to do so. Edited by J van E

If you read it on the Internet it must be true, right?
Is the kinder garden's gate still open ?Aloha clown.

The SDK already exist for the "Flight Team" and it's probably not so different from FSX SDK.I think that, MS will decide (or not) to ship the SDK, depending of the finantial result of Flight.If it's a fail, MS can easely change the economic model and open "Flight" to Freeware and payware (through the Store).If not, MS probably keep this game closed.After all, there is not so much work to change it in a "simulator"- Add the whole world (easy)- Add ATC, AI traffic (easy but FPS killer)- Add other stuff deleted from FsX

payed you yet?

Come on man, enough of the name calling, this is getting so old.

The SDK already exist for the "Flight Team" and it's probably not so different from FSX SDK.I think that, MS will decide (or not) to ship the SDK, depending of the finantial result of Flight.If it's a fail, MS can easely change the economic model and open "Flight" to Freeware and payware (through the Store).If not, MS probably keep this game closed.After all, there is not so much work to change it in a "simulator"- Add the whole world (easy)- Add ATC, AI traffic (easy but FPS killer)- Add other stuff deleted from FsX
If their task is to make all landclass of Flight higher quality than FSX one then adding whole world is actually very hard thing to do. In case that they would add whole world (which wont happen) it would most probably look like FSX one, already outdated like whole Flight is.

I remember my ex wife been pi$$ed at me and you should have heard what she said about me that was not totally true......sheeee waaaaas pi$$ed....
Maybe if she had posted it on the Internet it would have been true.
payed you yet?
Has Flight been released yet? Nice try through.

Maybe if she had posted it on the Internet it would have been true.
:(

all landclass of Flight higher quality than FSX
Higher quality - you probably mean more accuraty. Because Landclass in Flight is same base (around 1km2/cell) than fsX. Basicaly, it's a big grey picture.So more accuracy is not difficult, except find the good sources for create the grey picture.But in a way you're right. I thing this Landclass sytem is outdated. Maybe with multi-layer Landclass (0.25, 1 and 4 km2 cells) it would be best (more credible) even if my dream is about an online flight system (like tileproxy) with uniformised colors, seasons/nigh and autogen in 0.25 to 1 m/pixel quality (Yes,I know i'm dreaming)

Another nominee for the trashcan.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.