Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

If you've got the beta...

It seems to also include flights with a purpose, saw a charter for a guy who wanted to eat a restaurant a good distance away and he is scared to fly. Saw another for Sight seeing tour. The default beta planes seem kinda basic, but they include, lights,trim,radios,GPS,I've seen ILS, VORs/DMEs, settings for GA and Airlines. There is alot under the hood if the market grows to support it. There appears to be Free Flight mode, choose your Airport and fly. Also from the videos it has the one thing I wished FSX, had which is a player profile. Imagine having to work from Cessna training to flying the heavies. I have to admit, I was dismayed when I first saw the "rings", but I still think there could be something there that I will enjoy. I think the inclusion of a piltowing type of gameplay will bring in more action oriented players into the fold, but as I said before there is more under the hood that will cater to the simmer crowd also.

Edited by ohsirus

I wish, I wish I could comment...I'll just say that I only fly three aircraft in FSX - the A2A Spit, the A2A P40 (spot the trend?) and the PMDG NGX. I doubt I am Flight's target audience.Flying the FSX demo at least had the reassuring feeling that no matter what MS did, somebody would add in something better. I lack that feeling at the moment.

Edited by ARM505

i did some flying around in the beta.It's very very smooth, no lags or stuttering at all, even with overcast and storms. And most important for me: not blurry textures at all. Everything maxed.If you look at the map and drag your plane to an uncovered part (not Hawaii) theres an "buy" option.The planes handle very nice, they tend not to climb or dive all the timeVirtual Cockpits are great, it zooms where you point the mouse to.Now the big questions for me is:- how much more scenery will there be?- will there big jets?- will there be ATC?Flight is very promising.If there will be USA and Europe covered with jets and improved ATC its okay for me
There will be no whole continents, just small regions like small islands. Article in Flyawaysimulations says that they will not model whole Earth at all but only smaller regions that will be done in high quality, little like FSX with Orbx maybe but a bit worse. Anyways continents are not exactly small regions that could be easily covered in high quality, and I doubt that Flight will ever see any hardcore jets at least... Maybe something like CLS at best. Edited by pvjinflight

If I haven't got an email about the beta yet, should I assume I haven't been chosen?
Yes.
Start up the Stearman and load up "Inclement weather", take off, follow the coast, and fly around the island at 400 feet......and then ask yourself if that does not beat the FSX demo over St. Maarten when it first came out.. :(
Try and open up the flight planner and see what happens.

When I signed up for the Flight beta, I made a contract with Microsoft to follow the NDA.

Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Hmmm maybe I should check my email that I used to apply for Flight beta testing so I could break the contract too. But I think that I used wrong Live ID too so I dont bother.

When I signed up for the Flight beta, I made a contract with Microsoft to follow the NDA:[/size][/size][/font][/color]
You just released the NDA... which is part of the beta, thus you violated it.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

You just released the NDA... which is part of the beta, thus you violated it.
What I posted was available to the public, during the beta sign up. There is nothing confidential about its contents.But since I just discovered that the NDA was no longer available from the Flight sign up link, I removed it. Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

What I posted was available to the public, during the beta sign up. There is nothing confidential about its contents.But since I just discovered that the NDA was no longer available from the Flight sign up link, I removed it.
He is just kidding. I sincerely hope... :( it's refreshing to see at least one person who doesn't violate the NDA. Although in all honesty I don't mind others did, otherwise I wouldn't be as optimistic as I am now... Edited by J van E

i did some flying around in the beta. It's very very smooth, no lags or stuttering at all, even with overcast and storms. And most important for me: not blurry textures at all. Everything maxed. If you look at the map and drag your plane to an uncovered part (not Hawaii) theres an "buy" option. The planes handle very nice, they tend not to climb or dive all the time Virtual Cockpits are great, it zooms where you point the mouse to. Now the big questions for me is: - how much more scenery will there be? - will there big jets? - will there be ATC? Flight is very promising. If there will be USA and Europe covered with jets and improved ATC its okay for me
Is it VC only? Or are there 2D panels as well?

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]