Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fsgeek

'DOORS' Warning on System Annunciator

Hey guys,Sometimes after pushing the TO/GA button the master caution light comes on with 'DOORS' indicated on the annunciator. It then turns off after about a second. Does anyone know if this is a bug, or just something the NGs do in real life from time to time?Regards,

If none of the doors are open, you may need to cycle the door open and back closed to get the warning to clear. At the hit of the TO/GA switch, it's a little late for that. I'm not sure if door sensors (or something related to pressurization and the door seal) are modeled in the wear items or not...

It is a real-life nuisance warning that happens every once a while with the door sensors on the over wing exits. Most people account it to some wonky frequency of vibrations as the power plants transition to t/o power.

This a not a sensor nuisance but a lock failure of the overwing emergency exit doors. When the throttles are advancing to takeoff power the overwing exit doors should be locking.When this overwing emergency exit doors fails to lock during takeoff you get a MASTER CAUTION and DOORS annunciator light on the glareshield and the related overwing light illuminates on the door warning annunciator module on the overhead panel.

If the DOORS warning persists, you have a problem. If it is momentary, that is almost certainly as a result of the overwing exit latches being a little slow. This is RW behavoir, and the NGX simulates that system idiosyncracy.* Orest

Brilliant. Have been doing go arounds and didnt notice it so will look again. I like how with the NGX 'bugs' tend to often turn out to be real-world features deliberately modelled.

It is a real-life nuisance warning that happens every once a while with the door sensors on the over wing exits. Most people account it to some wonky frequency of vibrations as the power plants transition to t/o power.
Almost every time I have sat next an overwing exit on a 737 there is a noticeable hiss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!vololiberista

Thanks for the replies people! I was really hoping for it to be a RW nuisance =D