Sign in to follow this  
fsgeek

'DOORS' Warning on System Annunciator

Hey guys,Sometimes after pushing the TO/GA button the master caution light comes on with 'DOORS' indicated on the annunciator. It then turns off after about a second. Does anyone know if this is a bug, or just something the NGs do in real life from time to time?Regards,

Louis Vallance | P3D v4.5 (no shaders) | i9-9900K | 32GB | RTX 2080

If none of the doors are open, you may need to cycle the door open and back closed to get the warning to clear. At the hit of the TO/GA switch, it's a little late for that. I'm not sure if door sensors (or something related to pressurization and the door seal) are modeled in the wear items or not...

Kyle Rodgers

It is a real-life nuisance warning that happens every once a while with the door sensors on the over wing exits. Most people account it to some wonky frequency of vibrations as the power plants transition to t/o power.

This a not a sensor nuisance but a lock failure of the overwing emergency exit doors. When the throttles are advancing to takeoff power the overwing exit doors should be locking.When this overwing emergency exit doors fails to lock during takeoff you get a MASTER CAUTION and DOORS annunciator light on the glareshield and the related overwing light illuminates on the door warning annunciator module on the overhead panel.

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer

If the DOORS warning persists, you have a problem. If it is momentary, that is almost certainly as a result of the overwing exit latches being a little slow. This is RW behavoir, and the NGX simulates that system idiosyncracy.* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Brilliant. Have been doing go arounds and didnt notice it so will look again. I like how with the NGX 'bugs' tend to often turn out to be real-world features deliberately modelled.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

It is a real-life nuisance warning that happens every once a while with the door sensors on the over wing exits. Most people account it to some wonky frequency of vibrations as the power plants transition to t/o power.
Almost every time I have sat next an overwing exit on a 737 there is a noticeable hiss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!vololiberista

Thanks for the replies people! I was really hoping for it to be a RW nuisance =D

Louis Vallance | P3D v4.5 (no shaders) | i9-9900K | 32GB | RTX 2080