Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Give Flight a Chance

I just spent the last two hours on the edge of my seat. Incredible! This is going to be a hoot! Anyone who knocks something they know absolutely nothing about or have experienced personally, is in for some really serious public embarrassment. I have loved FSX and have a fortune tied up in it, but it is very soon to be ancient obsolete technology and is going to be left far behind. It is old, old, old, loaded with 80G of addons and all. Out with the old and in with the new! I can't wait for spring cleaning. :( :( :( :good:Kind regards,
Good to hear Stephen. FLIGHT does indeed look better than FSX in every way - graphically. But, unless FLIGHT includes my local airport (in the middle of nowhere in a country noone has ever heard of) I'm forced to continue with the old FS dinosaur. I don't find it likely that MIcrosoft has taken my advice and created a scenery creation tool to be sold in the FLIGHT online store.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I just spent the last two hours on the edge of my seat. Incredible! This is going to be a hoot! Anyone who knocks something they know absolutely nothing about or have experienced personally, is in for some really serious public embarrassment. I have loved FSX and have a fortune tied up in it, but it is very soon to be ancient obsolete technology and is going to be left far behind. It is old, old, old, loaded with 80G of addons and all. Out with the old and in with the new! I can't wait for spring cleaning. :( :( :( :good:Kind regards,
Er... did I miss something...? What happened? Why did you spend the last two hours etc. etc.? Did your beta get an update (which you can't tell, I know...)? Really curious... and really excited. Bummer, and it's still a long time until spring...

Er... did I miss something...? What happened? Why did you spend the last two hours etc. etc.? Did your beta get an update (which you can't tell, I know...)? Really curious... and really excited. Bummer, and it's still a long time until spring...
Jeroem,Think advanced, highly advanced, not just one, but several steps higher in nearly every regard. Everything can be simulated in a hypothetical advanced flight simulation except the gut wrenching fear of getting lost and disorientated in a black thunderstorm, unknowingly turning or being flipped upside down and crashing and dying in a burning cockpit, that can be very real! :( In your mind you know it is just a simulation, but your brain can't tell the difference, and the confusion and fear is involuntary and true to life. Nail%20Biting.gif You want to put thrill back into flying? You got it! :yahoo:Kind regards,

Well, now you've got me REALLY excited... and still confused. :(

Jeroem,Think advanced, highly advanced, not just one, but several steps higher in nearly every regard. Everything can be simulated in a hypothetical advanced flight simulation except the gut wrenching fear of getting lost and disorientated in a black thunderstorm, unknowingly turning or being flipped upside down and crashing and dying in a burning cockpit, that can be very real! :( In your mind you know it is just a simulation, but your brain can't tell the difference, and the confusion and fear is involuntary and true to life. Nail%20Biting.gif You want to put thrill back into flying? You got it! :yahoo:Kind regards,
Did you crap in your pants? :(

Nah, but its best not to eat or drink anything for a few hours before! High energy bars and just a mouthful of water helps. Or, if all else fails, hit the pause button and run!Kind regards,

Similar experience here.. for those who think this is just an arcade game, I predict a realeye-opening experience ahead.I also suspect that the required technology is present in Flight to make it a worthy sim - what I do notknow is how much content is going to be developed over time and what the quality level of thisadditional content is going to be.. that is where I see the greatest uncertainty. When you have a numberof add-on providers competing for business, you can buy some and reject others and niche demandscan be addressed by niche providers. When it all has to go through the MS bureaucracy, I don't know -... I'm just hoping for a great outcome..!

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

I can't blame people for expecting an arcade game based on the trailers and press releases. Microsoft are trying to capture a much wider audience than just flight sim enthusiasts, of course they're going to emphasise the game aspects.

Looks and sounds like Bert and Stephen are out of the closet. They both are excited about collecting coins as they fly!! :( Just kidding of course guys..... :(

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.