Sign in to follow this  

Thank you, Microsoft!

Yeah I am kind of glad actually that Flight is not going to take place of FSX as this way we can finally get very complete simulator in terms of addon coverage.

Well van E...you already know I'm with you :-)Yes, THANS after all MS! And... quoting the blonde simmer girl at this forum, yes - "FLIGHT will be GOOD!"

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

:( you have a pond with water feature.....is there fish in it?? dirol.gif
Alain, as I mentioned to you in a previous thread (and god knows why the subject of my fish come up in a forum that should be focused to weighty and depressive matters such as the demise of MS Flight) I have two fish named 'Twiddles' and 'Old Nick' ! And no you cannot fish them :(

Thanks Microsoft -- EVERYONE will be happy ( once they realize and accept that FLIGHT is NOT FS-ELEVEN)
I agree !Flight will be more like an FSX12.Fred.

I've seen a lot of negative comments about Flight and not much positive. I'm holding to see how it works when it's released. To me, nothing else matters until then. If I don't like it, I stll have FS9.

I agree !Flight will be more like an FSX12.Fred.
Nope, Flight will be FSX Service Pack 3 with most of the Earth removed (and re-sold to you as addons) + coins and carplane added to Hawaii.

I've seen a lot of negative comments about Flight and not much positive. I'm holding to see how it works when it's released. To me, nothing else matters until then. If I don't like it, I stll have FS9.
Well... let's just say there's a lot of unfounded scaremongering, and leave it at that.

Wow - some of the leaked YouTube video of Flight looks fantastic - Never saw any herky-jerky framerate stutter or crash-to-desktop. Never saw strange, flashing graphics or a non-restorable minimized screen. Never saw slideshow or stop-motion screen refreshes. It all looks really, really good and fluid. I cannot wait to see the whole package - may even pick up an XBox for more casual Flight on the bigscreen (when I'm not white knuckling my desktop setup) - looks like I'll be able to do either. Obvioulsy there isn't a lot of content shown, but what is shown is way ahead of doing the identical thing in FSX. Even if I have to alternate between Flight and FSX for a while to get my 'complete fix' of simming, Flight is a much welcomed and much overdue revamp.It kinda reminds me when audio CDs came out and, for a while, I had to have a cassette player / CD player combo in my car and home. . .today, the cassette is just a faded memory.

Edited by Rush1169

I cannot wait to see the whole package - may even pick up an XBox for more casual Flight on the bigscreen (when I'm not white knuckling my desktop setup) - looks like I'll be able to do either.
What possible use would it be to "pick up an XBox?" Flight is a PC ONLY release! :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

What possible use would it be to "pick up an XBox?" Flight is a PC ONLY release! :(
Oh - cool - that means it'll need a keyboard, strong CPU/graphics, and RAM that only a PC brings to the table. In the mix of those who think they know and those who actually know, I got confused and thought it would be available for either platform. Not that I read specificially that it would support either platform, just a lot of people refer to it as a console/XBox type game in the same breath. . .so, I made a dumb assumption. . . Edited by Rush1169

...just a lot of people refer to it as a console/XBox type game in the same breath. . .so, I made a dumb assumption. . .
That's not really such a "dumb assumption," as all too many folks are coming to the same conclusion. Probably it's because Flight is sharing the same DLC system as XBox360 that is the proximate cause of the confusion.Microsoft already has a robust system in place for the sale and delivery of XBox360 Download Content (DLC), so they don't see any reason at all to invent something new and different for Flight... :( Well, that reason plus the other assumption that all Flight will be is a "console-like flying game," completely oblivious to the actual fact that the underlying platform is based on the legacy features of the same flight simulator engine...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

X-box is not powerful enough to process and render properly with all the dynamic physics that is going on in MS Flight. With a powerful computer the program is mind blowing. Not sure what it would look like in an entry level machine though.Kind regards,

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.