Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CoolP

And it does have wings! B-52 1.1 Update

In case you've missed the 1.1 update for the CS B-52 Driver, go and get it! Log in to your CS account and get the new links from the free extended download service.wingsk.jpgDon't ask me about the change log, but the most obvious optical improvement can be seen above. Feel free to explore the rest. :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

er yeah... We didn't put them in the original VC cause they didn't give us the external model.. so... no wings... it's a really nice plane. One of my faves...

I see they have serial numbers on the glass....
That's my order number. :( But you are right, nice plane that is. And the visible wings really make a difference.I'd still recommend using the mod pack to receive the altered flight dynamics (seems like the rest of the fixes is there in 1.1). Otherwise the B-52 feels way too powerful for example. So, for the guys interested, just use the modified aircraft.cfg and air file from the mod pack and leave out the rest. http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1296605980

Is the transponder functioning now? Sure would be nice to get a change list, but I haven't been able to find one yet (I don't own it so I can't check the updates for it).

That's my order number. :( But you are right, nice plane that is. And the visible wings really make a difference.I'd still recommend using the mod pack to receive the altered flight dynamics (seems like the rest of the fixes is there in 1.1). Otherwise the B-52 feels way too powerful for example. So, for the guys interested, just use the modified aircraft.cfg and air file from the mod pack and leave out the rest. http://www.captainsi...?num=1296605980
Is it just a matter of backing up the existing cfg and airfile and overwriting with these new ones? Thanks

Is the transponder functioning now?
Apologies, it took me some time to check. I'm running any transponder stuff on my VRInsight M-Panel, so I couldn't tell from memory. I've looked up the threads in the CS forums to find out about the transponder problems. Unfortunately, the numbers in the VC change, but nothing else as it seems. So I think one would need a small tool to change the code.
Is it just a matter of backing up the existing cfg and airfile and overwriting with these new ones? Thanks
On the air file, I think it's the same, but since the mods are based on the mod air file, I'd suggest using the mod one in conjunction with the altered aircraft.cfg. So, yes, backup the 1.1 aircraft.cfg and air file and use the ones from the mod pack.The mod altered the aircraft.cfg entries a lot, so there's less thrust, more drag, less lift from the flaps and so on. I like it more that way since the original seems too overpowered, maybe from it's 'fun line' nature, to allow fun on chasing F-16. :(