Sign in to follow this  
Joduv

Space between glareshield and overhead panel.

Looks like your the only one is going to admit to defeat on this one :) 

I wouldn't give me too much credit on that one.  As much as I'll admit defeat, I know I can be rather brash at other times  :ph34r:

Kyle Rodgers

On this one look at the windows handles, it is bigger than on the other one... same for the height between A/P panel and overhead we are speaking about.

This has been corrected in the version you guy's have, but then the height wasn't correct anymore...

Funny thing is the window handles (not the guards) are actually different sizes on each side in the real aircraft and this isn't shown on either screenie! Time for another thread?

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of cockpit shots on Airliners.net that show the view you would see if you stepped into the cockpit. All of them support the OP's point of view that the gap between the glareshield and the overhead is much too large when viewed from that position. However... when you sit in the pilots seat, and it is correctly adjusted, you have excellent visibility. Why is this? Because that is the only place that the size of the window matters!

My extremely limited time in the left hand seat makes me think that the view of the NGX is pretty close. I have no idea if the gap is correct to the millimetre, but it is certainly not "much too large" as is being implied in this thread.