NGX causing FSX to crash on exit.  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Does FSX crash on exit after using the NGX

• Yes when i exit with "End Flight"
    • Yes when i exit with "Exit"
    • FSX has crashed using both methods.
    • No FSX does not crash on Exit.
  2. 2. If yes to the above is the Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL

Yes Speedbrake 39, your picture describes exactly what happens to me and yes I do have Acceleration installed,but I would not run FSX without it...................

I will try NyxxUK idea by installing FSUIPC as I have not got that installed on my system.......................

The PMDG 737ngx is starting to become an expensive problem and I still have not brought the expansion for the 600 & 700 yet............................

Would love to here if there are any more sugestions out there.

Also the push buttons on my 2 Saitek Throttle Quadrants don't work on the 737ngx but all the levers function ok?????????????????

Cheers

Hello guys,

The problem is resolved.

Download from here FSUIPC http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

Install FSUIPC 4.81 first then copy the 4.812 dll to the FSX modules folder.

You should run FSX when you installing FSUIPC.

Then you closed FSX en restart FSX.

There went wrong.

Good luck and thanks for all your help.

Best regards,

Michael

Guys install the latest version of Pete's FSUIPC, This will stop the crashing experience

http://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/

Also in the settings tab on FSX. there is an option to exit fsx with out menu do that too. so when you click the X in the top right hand corner it will go str8 off without the prompt

i don't have that problem, but how can i install the 4.182 update? should i just click on the dll?

Hello Guys,

does anywone installed the FSX Acceleration pack ?

I think that's the problem.

Before i installed the acceleration pack seems everything 100%.

I did a clean install of windows 7 and FSX including the accelation pack en the problems have started.

Before i had only FSX Deluxe installed.

I hear from you guys.

Best regards,

Michael

Hey mate, i had the very same problem, you should delete UIAutomationcore.dll, from system32 and 64 that's will solve the problem, i have tried it and it works great. source: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/win-7-64-bit-fsx-fatal-error-ctd-restart/14fc20fa-9dca-465b-be42-146414087ec5

Hey guys, Now i got fatal error when i 'End Flight' with the NGX ... any suggestions?

Hey guys, Now i got fatal error when i 'End Flight' with the NGX ... any suggestions?

LOL I FIXED IT LOL ... it only happens when i DID NOT use my saitek joysticks(x52 pro) ...

I just did a complete reinstall of FSX and NGX on a clean, newly built, system. I immediately began getting the fatal error on exit (ESC). When I re-installed my registered version of FSUIPC, the problem disappeared. What did I read in the INTRODUCTION about the NGX not needing FSUIPC? Ha !!

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I was having this exact same CTD problem (Win7 64 Bit, FSX with ORBX FTX & Traffic but otherwise a clean install) during "Flight Reset" or "Exit". Not during "End Flight".

Installing a third party app really didn't make sense to me as the issue sounds more like a code shutdown sequence or timing issue and all a third-party app. may possibly do is change that sequence or timing subtly (thus masking the true problem).

Following up on some clues in this post (http://www.enigmasim.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1065) I tried just one single change on my system and the problem went away:

• In the advanced properties tab for my preferred sound playback device I set the "Default Format" for audio playback to 44100Hz (to match the PMDG sound files).
  • I left the "Default Format" as 24 bit and both check boxes in the "Exclusive Mode" settings checked.

This single change cured the problem for me during application exit or flight reset.

I just did a complete reinstall of FSX and NGX on a clean, newly built, system. I immediately began getting the fatal error on exit (ESC). When I re-installed my registered version of FSUIPC, the problem disappeared. What did I read in the INTRODUCTION about the NGX not needing FSUIPC? Ha !!

Hi, it is not related to FSUIPC.

I have been fighting against the same problem for 2 days (the "END FLIGHT" crash).

I re-installed FSX and PMDG several times, and didn´t installed anything else to reduce posible sources for the error (joystick and controllers disconnected), and that was the mistake.

I read somewhere something about the Flight Controllers, so I decided to install the drivers for mines (Saitek), and this SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!!. Now running fine.

Hope it helps somebody else.

Regards

Hi guys,

After having carefully read this tread and done some testing, I found what was causing the problem without a doubt (at least for me): ENB

To be precise, it's the d3d9.dll file that comes with the ENB, not the enbseries.ini. As I understand it, the d3d9.dll is what "injects" the ENB settings contained in the enbseries.ini file in FSX (or whatever game you put the files in the main folder in...). And as there are many different versions of ENBs compatible with FSX out there, if you want to keep the great look of the ENB settings you got used to and get rid of the crash on exit problem, you just need to find another ENB version and replace the d3d9.dll in your FSX folder with the one contained in this new version. With some research for a proper version and some testing, you should be ok.

With the few versions I have, I'm afraid I still haven't found a 100% stable solution, so I'm not sharing anything here. If anyone knows of an ENB version that works perfectly fine and does not induce "crash on exit", it would be great to see a download link posted here.

Cheers!

Dunno if this has already been mentioned but if you have an ATI card, at least this is true for 5900 series, the only Catalyst version that doesn't suffer from FSX exiting crash issue is the release 13.4. 

All the other Catalysts versions, included the beta of the latest ones, do suffer from this issue.