Sign in to follow this  
acmech

Adding voices to default fs9 ATC

I know and have traffic 2005 :( which added 4 more voice sets to default atc in fs9.Does anybody know :( of any other programs or software that adds more voice sets to deault ATC????

None, it is a tremendous job to add then, thousands of wav files..You can use an external ATC program, or stick with them.

Does it need to be the default? IMHO, Pro Flight Emulator is unbelievably awesome.<< http://secure.simmarket.com/aerosoft-online-pro-flight-emulator-deluxe.phtml >>Pair it with it's sister program, Flight Deck Companion, and you have a package I never fly without.<<

>><< http://secure.simmarket.com/aerosoft-online-fdc-live-cockpit-2011.phtml >>

I know and have traffic 2005 :( which added 4 more voice sets to default atc in fs9.Does anybody know :( of any other programs or software that adds more voice sets to deault ATC????
How does it do that?I know it is possible to create voice sets (as has been said it is a major task) but I thought the overall total was fixed at 10 different voices.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

You need PFE with over 100 regional voices both for ATC and airlines. The default ATC is as "unrealistic" as it gets! You shouldn't be using it at all!vololiberista

You need PFE with over 100 regional voices both for ATC and airlines. The default ATC is as "unrealistic" as it gets! You shouldn't be using it at all!
Hard sell? I think you need to be realistic and accept that PFE is no more "realistic" in terms of the conversations but it is still a spelndid piece of software in terms of the regional accents despite its failings. But this is not, of course, answering the question raised by the original poster.John

I come at it from the complete opposite end I.E. I use no ATC at all either default ,or addon.and for the moment that's how I like it.Chuck's vid was impressive though .. for the moment however i shall continue to maintain radio silence.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Thanks guys for the input. :Party:I have PFE already, I actually purchased it when on course first released it. :Money Eyes:Yes, it is the best ATC IMHO.The reason I asked was I sometimes do not have time to go though a complete flight /plan .So instead I use default flight planning and select the airport which I am located then in the destination also choose that exact same airport.What default ATC does is some what realistic they send you about 10 0r more miles from the runway with a heading which will make you intercept ILS.Its sort of fun to me sometimes. :( I just wanted to know if there were more voice sets out there ...

On a few occasions, I've used EditVoicePack to add place names and airlines to the default voice file sets. What would happen with PFE in this case? Would some voices support these added phrases and others not, or does EVP build new phrases by snipping syllables here and there from existing phrases?

On a few occasions, I've used EditVoicePack to add place names and airlines to the default voice file sets. What would happen with PFE in this case? Would some voices support these added phrases and others not, or does EVP build new phrases by snipping syllables here and there from existing phrases?
PFE, and Radar Contact are completely separate products totally unconnected with the FS ATC system that sit on top as a separate "layer". Their voice sets have no relationship whatsoever with the MS ones. In fact you actually have to turn off the sound of FS's ATC to get rid of it - it is still actually working in the background.So . . . the simple answer to your three questions is: nothing, no and no.In fact, PFE and RC have considerably less airport names and probably less airlines than FS's ATC. It is possible (in RC, at least) to make your own extras but its a lot more work than in Editvoicepack owing to the sheer number of voice sets to modify.John