Sign in to follow this  
raymar

U/G nvidia driver - more jagged edges - help

After trying all the suggestions and changing drivers backwards and forward (beta now), I am just about where I started - one click away from smooth lines. Thanks all, maybe next generation will get it right.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ron+1pH
The 275.33 drivers also offer the best IQ. As I said to Ron recently, I have tried them all. Having the latest drivers is not always necessary, and not for fsx anyway. The latest beta drivers can and have caused a API function hang, so no stability there.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The v285.62 driver is the latest offical driver and it does have the external driver capability, other than that I haven't seen any difference. I will most likely go back to the v275.33 with the first hang up. thanks.Several folks have stated that I should make sure I have the AA unchecked in FSX. I cannot see much difference with it checked or unchecked but, for sure, it is not a noticeable improvement with it unchecked. Is Trilinear the choice for the filter selection, I see Rich mentioned that.Will reducing the monitor resolution from 1920 x 1200 x 32 (native) downward make any improvement? With the 8xSQ choice I get some stuttering and hesitation in the Orbx Airport Addon areas. I really don't see hardly any difference in the 4xS and 8xS, maybe the 4xS is a little smoother running, not sure.The large electrical utilily lines in the s43 Harvey and 74s Anacartes airport areas are alive with movement from any distance. Really distracting for those areas. Most bridges have creeping movement which also sucks.I have saved all the texture files using MIPS in many of the planes that I fly often. That helps with the jagged edges on the control surfaces but does not totally get rid of it. Some of the text on the exterior of the planes tend to creep and dance around.Thanks all.RayRay

New item.I am on the ground at Jefferson Co. OS9 in Orbx PNW and the windows in this small building are 'flashing'. Any idea what graphic setting addresses this? Thanks.Ray

Have you ever tried this type of AA? (through nvidiainspector): AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12

Ray,I highly recommend that you use the 275.33. I switched and I have never looked back. The image qualiy is much better and most importantly I can run the water at lower setting with a low BP without annoying flashes. Couple this with the Inspector limitter and I now have the added performance of unlimitted setting and low Bufferpools.The shimmers can be reduced significantly by using the 8xS AA and 4x Sparse Grid. I would not use 4x when flying in heavy clouds. I use 2x Sparse grid with excellent results. If you're getting shimmers with 8xS and 4x Sparse Grid, then might need to re-install, or get better hardware.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Ray,I highly recommend that you use the 275.33. I switched and I have never looked back. The image qualiy is much better and most importantly I can run the water at lower setting with a low BP without annoying flashes. Couple this with the Inspector limitter and I now have the added performance of unlimitted setting and low Bufferpools.The shimmers can be reduced significantly by using the 8xS AA and 4x Sparse Grid. I would not use 4x when flying in heavy clouds. I use 2x Sparse grid with excellent results. If you're getting shimmers with 8xS and 4x Sparse Grid, then might need to re-install, or get better hardware.
Thanks. I thought the INSP Limiter was not availabe with the v275.33. I think I have tried just about all the available settings but you never know. I will try again, thanks.What does you BP line look like in the file?Different hardware is out of the question, this is the new hardware for me. ha.Ray
Have you ever tried this type of AA? (through nvidiainspector): AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12
I'm not sure, but I am about to give it a try. Thanks.Ray

I'm not sure, but I am about to give it a try. Thanks.Ray
FPS will suffer, stutters might become an issue with clouds in the equation.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thanks. I thought the INSP Limiter was not availabe with the v275.33. I think I have tried just about all the available settings but you never know. I will try again, thanks.What does you BP line look like in the file?Different hardware is out of the question, this is the new hardware for me. ha.Ray
You can use the 275.33 driver with the latest Inspector. Just edit the driver version using notepad in Inspector file.With my GTX 480 I use:[bufferPools]Poolsize=30000That BP setting will give you the same performance boost as BP=0 without the flashes, artifacts etc.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Randall and Zach, that setting looked a lot like a slideshow and didn't fix the jaggies totally, although it did look good initially. I just went back to the v275.33 with the edited INSP for the external limiter.Jose, Thanks for the hint on editing the INSP file for the external limiter with the v275.33. That was the only reason I installed the newer driver. I am now back to the V275.33 using the INSP limiter set at 30. I just picked 8xS with 4x Supersampling to get going. I still have the dancing and blinking power lines and jagged taxiway lines but all else look great and it FPS hardly show any hit flying around PNW, NRM, and CRM. I'm off to NXSI for a short flight to see how it looks.I went back to 3W5 and 1S2 for a short visit today. I haven't been there in weeks. I think S43 is my favorite this week in the A2A cub or Ants Drifter.Maybe it is something in the fsx.cfg file and not the INSP selection that is causing the fuss. I may delete it and start over and see what it looks like.Thanks all.Ray