Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Welcome everyone

Nobody here is bashing the Orbx FTX product - on the contrary - you will find 99% of us have nothing but praise for it.Right now there is a bit of 'noise' in the mix from longtime users and forum members who are being 'banned' over at the orbx forums for nothing more than asking questions or making comment on certain business practices. As that conversation has been stifled over there. it has had the effect of those same users continuing the conversation over here. I wouldnt let one thread detract from a good idea. That thread will run its course in due time.Your experience with orbx is not the same as everyone elses. If you want the happy clapper version, head over to the FTX forums. If you want the version that lets you know there may be some odd situations with them that are not to your liking (warts and all I think was the phrase used?) then stick around.At least you have a choice now....One more thing..No company is perfect. They all need feedback both positive and negative to prosper. Unreasonable censorship should not be on the agenda of ANY company that wants to stay at the top of the tree,

It's nice to know we have their attention anyway. It's also nice to know there is now a place for free and fair discussion without being edited, deleted or banned. I would think open minded potential Orbx customers would be very grateful for the chance to get a balanced view. From what I've read and written so far, I see nothing that would have put me off buying from them - quite the opposite in fact. But if I want to hear news of any updates, have an issue with one of the products or want to post a screenshot which includes a square meter of non-orbx secenery without it being removed then this will be my first port of call. Thank you Avsim!

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Nobody here is bashing the Orbx FTX product - on the contrary - you will find 99% of us have nothing but praise for it.Right now there is a bit of 'noise' in the mix from longtime users and forum members who are being 'banned' over at the orbx forums for nothing more than asking questions or making comment on certain business practices. As that conversation has been stifled over there. it has had the effect of those same users continuing the conversation over here.I wouldnt let one thread detract from a good idea. That thread will run its course in due time.No company is perfect. They all need feedback both positive and negative to prosper. Unreasonable censorship should not be on the agenda of ANY company that wants to stay at the top of the tree,
Absolute true.. 99% are happy with the product but not happy with the way a few people were treated after some minor infringements/differences of opinions...As I also stated before, I will still buy their product any time, because it is the best we have at this stage. (This might change later maybe, but for now they rule the scenery development)So yeah I still think this forum i a very good idea where we can share any ideas relating to any part of the flightsimming experience, around some pretty good ORBX scenery like for instance the awesome hardware section we had at ORBX where we got heaps of info from Alan and Stephan in particular..EDIT:Thanks to avsim for making this space available for us and for the moderator. Also thanks for clarifying the issue Tom. Much appreciated. Edited by bliksimpie