Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Yea Yea Yea......Finally....

After many, many years of waiting (about 7 years), someone else besides "Cloud 9" had made a NEW airport for KLAX, Los Angeles. FS Dreamteam made the airport and Aerosoft has just made the AES program to go with it. NOW, all of my hubs from KSAN to KSEA have the Aerosoft AES programs and they are GREAT. If you update your KLAX to the new Dreamteam airport and want to also add the new Aerosoft AES that goes with it you must download and install the new BASE AES program (Free from Aerosoft's website). I think it was version 2.21. Also if you were using the old Cloud 9 KLAX you have to uninstall it first. If you forget to uninstall it the Dreamteam "installer" will remind you. I now think that this new Dreamteam KLAX is the most beautiful airport that I now have in FS2004. Enjoy......jerrycwo4

I'm impressed that every major airport (not third world countries I'm talking major hubs) is done in FS9 with great detail outside of Auckland Intl.and Beijing Intl.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I was one of the few who actually waited for the AES update before purchasing FSDT KLAX.Although I agree to a certain point of it's beauty, I also feel that FSDT did a really half baked attempt of this airport.Some texture are very Blurry, Ground Markings, taxi lines are off. ( all due to porting from FSX, Although the others are just fine) Then we have the situation with the double jetways that they say can't/won't be fixed.It was possible in every other FSDT scenery except this one Why? It seems FSDT didn't really care enough to spend the time to properly do a FS9 version IMHO.I would assume I won't have to worry about spending anymore of my money there as this will most likely be the last thing FSDT does for FS9.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

I'm impressed that every major airport (not third world countries I'm talking major hubs) is done in FS9 with great detail outside of Auckland Intl.and Beijing Intl.
Well, I am afraid you are a bit too optimistic, Les. You forgot some other major airports not done yet like for instance:Abu Dhabi, Copenhagen, Doha, Istanbul, Johannesburg, Melbourne, Montreal, Moscow Sheremetyevo, Oslo, Shanghai or Sydney
It seems FSDT didn't really care enough to spend the time to properly do a FS9 version IMHO
Initially I was very enthusiastic about this addon but the more I look back the more I feel you are right.

Well, I am afraid you are a bit too optimistic, Les. You forgot some other major airports not done yet like for instance:Abu Dhabi, Copenhagen, Doha, Istanbul, Johannesburg, Melbourne, Montreal, Moscow Sheremetyevo, Oslo, Shanghai or Sydney
There are decent freeware versions of Abu Dhabi and Johannesburg. The Scansim EKCH is not bad at all for Copenhagen. But the rest I agree with- especially Shanghai.

I was one of the few who actually waited for the AES update before purchasing FSDT KLAX.Although I agree to a certain point of it's beauty, I also feel that FSDT did a really half baked attempt of this airport.Some texture are very Blurry, Ground Markings, taxi lines are off. ( all due to porting from FSX, Although the others are just fine) Then we have the situation with the double jetways that they say can't/won't be fixed.It was possible in every other FSDT scenery except this one Why? It seems FSDT didn't really care enough to spend the time to properly do a FS9 version IMHO.I would assume I won't have to worry about spending anymore of my money there as this will most likely be the last thing FSDT does for FS9.
I also waited for AES support before buying. FSDT knew how to build an airport for AES support. I think poor show FSDT did not cater for double jetways. smiley-face-popcorn.gif

I have detailed versions of all these airports with the exception of Doha. The Orbix team did Melburne and Sydney for FS9. Heck FS9 has a default version of Sydney. Blueprint did Montreal. There's an outstanding version of Istanbul. There's detailed versions of both Moscow's major airports. Aerosoft sells Oslo for FS9 or at least they did. You can find Shanghai on SimMarket. :( Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Les, my friend, didn't you mix up a few things?

I have detailed versions of all these airports
The thing I should make clear is that people's impressions on what they find 'detailed' will vary. So may ours, I guess. No problem about that, of course.
The Orbix team did Melburne and Sydney for FS9
If you mean the VOZ team's packs, then these airports are very basic. If you mean something else, then I don't know what.
Blueprint did Melbourne
I don't think so. And even if they did, well, you know, Blueprint's quality is what it is...
There's an outstanding version of Istanbul
It's quite nice as for freeware, I even requested AES support for it long time ago, but... detailed and outstanding? Well, OK...
There's detailed versions of both Moscow's major airports
Whereas DD Domodedovo is still relatively nice, the SSW Sheremetyevo is very old and inaccurate as for today.By the way, do you remember that thread? http://forum.avsim.net/topic/256228-ssws-moscow-scenery/
Aerosoft sells Oslo for FS9
Their Olso is FSX only.
You can find Shanghai at SimMarket
You mean Samsoft's rendition of Pudong? Les, this scenery is from 2004! Have you actually seen it, at least the screenshots? Edited by Rafal

I corrected the Blueprint reference (their product is Montreal). And concerning varying scenery quality I hear you but it's impossible to expect FSDT standard throughout the whole world. As long as it's a recognizable effort in comparison to the real world I'm happy. Blueprint is far and removed from FS9's default scenery. As far as all Samsoft's work I have them installed. Not everything is going to look like FlyTampa's Hong Kong but these sceneries look good enough in the context of represented the major airports around the world. Look at the great freeware project that was just released for CYVR.By contrast there's nothing out there for Aukland Intl freeware or otherwise. Rafal thanks again for the Moscow scenery, we surly go back a ways more recently in the iFly forums... :(

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Whereas DD Domodedovo is still relatively nice,
Ooh, my eyes lit up a little at mention of this. Is it this one?http://www.igfly.com...?product=dd-dmdCan this be bought any where else? That page shows:August 08, 2008All new sales are temporary down. . . . and they still are, it seems.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Ooh, my eyes lit up a little at mention of this. Is it this one?http://www.igfly.com...?product=dd-dmdCan this be bought any where else? That page shows:August 08, 2008All new sales are temporary down. . . . and they still are, it seems.John
Huh, Completely forgot I had this, And just noticed it's also AES supported. Nice.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Huh, Completely forgot I had this, And just noticed it's also AES supported. Nice.
Ahem!.....you mean you guys do not watch my videos? .....free popcorn. smiley-face-popcorn.gifp.s My next vid will be KLAX/KLAS. :(

Edited by edetroit

Does anyone know if there's any legal way to get this?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I'm a bit late to all this but - there are good freeware versions of Doha, and Bahrain out there. And as mentioned Abu dhabi.

Rob Prest