Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

AP/FD Switch key assignment

The switch variable is called (L:SWITCH_APFD_MALIBU,number).It goes from 0 to 1 to 2.You could try to assign it in FSUIPC and see what happens..

Bert

Based on your question, I tried something else for my personal use..I have a joystick button assigned to Autopilot toggle in FSX..In the Malibu, I typically switch to FD on the ground and preselectaltitude, vs, etcThen, once in the air, I would like to use the button to switch to the AP setting and off again.This code actually does this, and the switch follows! Pretty neat!<!-- FDAP Switch --> <Element> <Select> <Value> (A:AUTOPILOT MASTER,BOOL) if{ (L:SWITCH_APFD_MALIBU,number) 1 == if{ 2 (>L:SWITCH_APFD_MALIBU,number) } } els{ (L:SWITCH_APFD_MALIBU,number) 2 == if{ 1 (>L:SWITCH_APFD_MALIBU,number) } } </Value> </Select> </Element>

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Bert, that would do for me too. I use a joytick button ordinarily too.Please tell an idiot where the code goes. :(

I have the AP function assigned to a button on my Saitek Pro Yoke. It works and turns the AP off and on the Malibu, but the switch on the panel does not move when I use the yoke button.

OK... here is the drill..1. Create a subfolder to your Malibu panel folder and call it: Controls2. Create a text file with the following content and save it into this Controls folder as FDAP.xml3. Add the gauge to your panel.cfg file, as follows[Vcockpit01]...gauge07=Controls!FDAP, 0,0,1,1Here is the xml code

<Gauge Name="FDAP" Version="1.0"><!-- FDAP Switch -->    <Element>	 <Select>	  <Value>	   (A:AUTOPILOT MASTER,BOOL)  if{		   (L:SWITCH_APFD_MALIBU,number) 1 ==  if{			2 (>L:SWITCH_APFD_MALIBU,number)  }		   (L:SWITCH_APFD_MALIBU,number) 0 ==  if{			1 (>K:AP_MASTER)  } }				   els{	   (L:SWITCH_APFD_MALIBU,number) 2 ==  if{			1 (>L:SWITCH_APFD_MALIBU,number)  } }		  </Value>		 </Select>   </Element></Gauge>

You'll find that you have to set the FDAP switch to the middle position by hand (mouse click)as your AP button now will not turn on the AP without the FD being on first (like the real aircraft).Then, your joystick button will turn the AP on and off.If you would like a slightly different switch logic, let me know via PM..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Hi,Just to say I implemented Bert's gauge above to get the standard 'AP master' button to trigger the Malibu's FD/AP switch. The functions for me, but alas the button does not physically move in the VC.

If the switch has been moved to the FD position first, the 'AP Master' button should turn on the APand the switch should move in the VC.Don't think my gauge is installed correctly if the switch does not move.. please let me know!

Bert

Guys,

I've never made changes like this to FSX Aircraft but I hate having to manually turn the autopilot on.

Questions: Where is the Malibu panel folder?

Where do you put the xml code?

Thanks!!

FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes/Carenado P46T Malibu Jetprop DL/panel

Bert