Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

oom help

If you change the version in the Windows system directories, you run the risk that other, newer applications will crash or fail, because of the changed functionality. The correct and latest Windows 7 version is 6.1.7600.16385.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Will try the uiautomationcore.dll suggestion. I'll report back my findings. Unfortunately I don't have time for a flight until Friday, so I'll post back then. As Tomas asked, I was not receiving oom errors, it just began occuring suddenly like 2 weeks ago, and has been persistent on every flight as I approach the end of the flight. I am trying to remember anything I might have changed, but have not been succesful. I really hope the correct version of uiautomationcore.dll will fix this, as I have been contemplating a complete, clean reinstall, but I am afraid to spend 3 or 4 hours installing and tweaking only to have the oom's return. By the way, I forgot to mention I'm getting a .net error similar to the one in this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361234-microsoftnet-ctd/

Edited by kjjj11223344

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

The thing is I'm also getting CTD's lately (ntdll.dll), for a few weeks now. Before I didn't get those at all. What I managed to figure out so far is that I can complete a route on which I got a CTD if the weather is fine.. what I mean is if I fly in overcast or bad weather I get a CTD every time on this particular route but if I fly in fair weather no CTD. I fly in PNW with Turbine Duke, KORS-CYLW. I get CTD in about 10 minutes in the flight. I have UIAutomationCore.dll, I set FSUIPC to autosave every 10 minutes, I press pause once in a while, my computer is clean of junk, I use it mainly for FSX, the only FSX.cfg tweaks I use are: BP=0, AffinityMask=14, TextureMaxLoad=30, Highmemfix=1.I can manage 4 hour flight with NGX in Europe from Uk2000 Heathrow (for example of a heavy scenery) without problems and CTDs.

I managed to complete a one hour flight last flight using the POSKY 737-600. I lowered the lod_radius down to 4.5 as both 5.5 and before that 6.5 produced OOM crashes on the exact same flight.After I landed and taxied to the gate, I noticed that FSX was using 3.4 GB of RAM and almost 6 GB of virtual memory. I'm not using the FSUIPC's autosave.

Edited by WallysWorld

Having had FSX stable for several months I am now getting OOms during practically every flight. The start of it seemed to coincide with my use of Active Sky 2012. I have no idea why. I have a huge number of add-ons. I've tried the FSUIPC autosave option and whereas it doesn't seem to stop FSX bombing out it does at least allow me to reocover the flight at a fixed point and seems to reset the VAS.Well if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...... it seems to me to be a classic to me like a classic memory leak problem. Whether it is the fault of ACES and their coding is a different issue, I do know that C++ should operate in managed mode whereby memory release for objects is automated (i.e. you don't have to specifically code the release of memory in object handling ) but I am also aware that this doesn't always work. If this is the root cause, you could point the finger at almost anybody that develops for FSX.I have 16gb of physical RAM on a 64 bit systenm so have just tried Petes Reg fix (after creating a restore point) and it will interesting to see whethr it makes any difference.There seems to be an awful lot of duff information in the forums about this issue with all sorts of snake oil suggestions - but it would be good to get a more focussed group on this as it affects so many people (at lets face we are hardly likely to collectively move to M$ 'Flight' anytime soon as M$ are pitching this at the gaming commuinity not the hard core simmer).Having seen all the 'utilities' being pedddled on Simmarket to give your FSX 'go faster stripes' its a pity no developer has bent their mind to this one. If they came up with a viable 'OOM be gone' utility they would clean up !

Okay, removed all my addons, except for the Ngx, and, although I didn't have time for a complete flight, I did some touch-and-goes, and the same problem occurred; the virtual memory kept on increasing and increasing, and never seemed to lower itself. So I have decided to uninstall FSX completely, and now I have to find time for a reinstall. I hope this gets fixed since not even lowering settings seems to aid, so my hypothesis is that if this doesn't get fixed, I won't be able to complete a long flight.

Alfredo Terrero

With some experimenting, I found almost all of my FSX OOM crashes are due to using the alt-enter. I notice that memory usage for FSX climbs about 200-300 MB every time I drop into a window from a full screen which I do quite a bit while flying and reading the internet. And I noticed that that the increase in memory used is not recovered during the flight. In fact if I load the default Baron 58 and just sit on the runway and alt-enter about six times, my FSX eventually gets an OOM and RAM is well over 3 GB used.So the more I alt-enter or switch from full screen to window and vice-versa, the faster FSX eats up RAM until it reaches around 3.2 to 3.3 GB and then the OOM occurs.

Edited by WallysWorld

Just completed my first flight, and although it was succesful, my VAS was at 3.9 gb when I landed, and I could tell FSX was dying to OOM. I performed a clean install of everything, and I even decreased my ga and airline traffic settings to 50%, but it seems that whenver I have to switch to windowed mode, and back to full screen, or when I toggle the view to view the outside of the NGX, my VAS rises, but never goes back down. I did get an OOM when I was about to close FSX, by the way, along with a .net error that REX created. Next flight, I will try to fly without the REX weather engine to see if maybe that is the problem.

Alfredo Terrero

Another question. Is there something special that I have to do if FSX is installed on a separate drive on its own partition? I ask because these oom's began to occur only when I installed FSX on a secondary drive. At the same time as I did this, I also purchased Rex and installed that, so I can't really say it is this, but maybe I have to change some sort of page file setting or something?

Alfredo Terrero

Guest firehawk44

Another question. Is there something special that I have to do if FSX is installed on a separate drive on its own partition? I ask because these oom's began to occur only when I installed FSX on a secondary drive. At the same time as I did this, I also purchased Rex and installed that, so I can't really say it is this, but maybe I have to change some sort of page file setting or something?
To make sure your registry has the right settings and FSX is installed okay, you might want to run the free fsx repair tool at Flight One - http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library. I have had the best success with virtual memory/page file settings by setting it at 'system managed size'. Too many people are having sudden problems when they try settings recommended by others or set their own. Regarding memory questions, NickN does a very good job explaining memory usage in his post about Setting up FSX and Tuning it. He keeps it up-to-date with the latest info.Best regards,Jim

To make sure your registry has the right settings and FSX is installed okay, you might want to run the free fsx repair tool at Flight One - http://www.flight1.c...sp?page=library. I have had the best success with virtual memory/page file settings by setting it at 'system managed size'. Too many people are having sudden problems when they try settings recommended by others or set their own. Regarding memory questions, NickN does a very good job explaining memory usage in his post about Setting up FSX and Tuning it. He keeps it up-to-date with the latest info.Best regards,Jim
I appreciate all the suggestions, this problem is really driving me insane. I just tried the registry fix tool and will report back how my next flight goes. I have reached a hypothesis though. I just think that I'm being too greedy with my settings. When I reinstalled FSX, I checked to see if at default, the same problem of the VAS increasing and never going back down occured, and it did. So I just think now with the addition of REX, the problem just occurs faster. I just did another test, a very, very short flight between KFLL and KMIA, and by the time I was about to land, my VAS was at about 3.8 again and I could just tell I was about to OOM. So it seems to be that, due to the fact that the VAS never seems to decrease, when FSX has to load more than one airport, with the additional strain that REX texures induce, that the VAS reaches the limit.I will give the NickN post (which I followed to install FSX, by the way) on the way FSX uses memory. However, can anyone that runs the NGX, REX, and any FSDreamteam airport be so kind as to post their FSX settings? Again, I am starting to feel that, even though my hardware is capable of high settings, I'm just being too greedy given the nature of FSX, but I am still too reluctant to lower my visual settings. Besides my ai set to 100% (now at 50), I was following the FSX visual settings which come with the NGX intro manual, but I guess those are too high to run alongside REX, and FSDreamteam.

Alfredo Terrero

Guest firehawk44
can anyone that runs the NGX, REX, and any FSDreamteam airport be so kind as to post their FSX settings?
I don't have REX but do use AS2010. Here are my applicable settings -[GRAPHICS]SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672D3D10=0TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096NUM_LIGHTS=8AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1LANDING_LIGHTS=1AC_SELF_SHADOW=1EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0TEXTURE_QUALITY=3IMAGE_QUALITY=0See_Self=1Text_Scroll=1HIGHMEMFIX=1[DISPLAY]BLOOM_EFFECTS=0SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=TrueTextureMaxLoad=6[Weather]CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=4DETAILED_CLOUDS=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8THERMAL_VISUALS=0[sCENERY]LENSFLARE=0DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5SmallPartRejectRadius=1 [TrafficManager]AirlineDensity=46GADensity=10FreewayDensity=10ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0LeisureBoatsDensity=0IFROnly=0AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=1 [TERRAIN]LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=100MESH_RESOLUTION=23TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=27AUTOGEN_DENSITY=0 //off now but sometimes move it to NormalDETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=6TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=1000TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=800Best regards,Jim

I don't have REX but do use AS2010. Here are my applicable settings -[GRAPHICS]SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672D3D10=0TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096NUM_LIGHTS=8AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1LANDING_LIGHTS=1AC_SELF_SHADOW=1EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0TEXTURE_QUALITY=3IMAGE_QUALITY=0See_Self=1Text_Scroll=1HIGHMEMFIX=1[DISPLAY]BLOOM_EFFECTS=0SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=TrueTextureMaxLoad=6[Weather]CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=4DETAILED_CLOUDS=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8THERMAL_VISUALS=0[sCENERY]LENSFLARE=0DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5SmallPartRejectRadius=1[TrafficManager]AirlineDensity=46GADensity=10FreewayDensity=10ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0LeisureBoatsDensity=0IFROnly=0AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=1[TERRAIN]LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=100MESH_RESOLUTION=23TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=27AUTOGEN_DENSITY=0 //off now but sometimes move it to NormalDETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=6TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=1000TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=800Best regards,Jim
Thanks again for trying to help.Well, I decided to lower my settings from pretty much everything maxed, and I couldn't be happier. Not only did I just complete a flight from KDCA-KFLL with extremely high FPS throughout, but FSX still looks exactly the same as before. I guess my fears of lowering my settings were overrated, as FSX looks the same as before, except my fps are even higher, and most importantly, no more OOM's. So anyone suffering from the same problem, I recommend lowering your sliders a tad, as you won't notice it, and the OOM's will be gone.

Alfredo Terrero

Guest firehawk44
I guess my fears of lowering my settings were overrated, as FSX looks the same as before, except my fps are even higher, and most importantly, no more OOM's. So anyone suffering from the same problem, I recommend lowering your sliders a tad, as you won't notice it, and the OOM's will be gone.
Great advice. I have been saying this for a long time. FSX will not look better with all sliders maxed. Glad you got your issue fixed.Best regards,Jim