Sign in to follow this  
yvrdave

Flight's artificial horizon is flawed!

MS Flight's artificial horizon is flawed. Note in the recent news of Feb 6, www.microsoft.com/games/flight/#news-flight_launchlook at the video picture and see that outer dial markings of the horizon are tilted along with the inside gyro ball. On a real horizon the outside markings are fixed and do not rotate! Only the inside gyro rotates!If this bothers you too, send a message to msflight@microsoft.com.

Edited by yvrdave

MS Flight's artificial horizon is flawed. Note in the recent news of Feb 6, www.microsoft.com/games/flight/#news-flight_launchlook at the video picture and see that outer dial markings of the horizon are tilted along with the inside gyro ball. On a real horizon the outside markings are fixed and do not rotate! Only the inside gyro rotates!If this bothers you too, send a message to msflight@microsoft.com.
HelloJust fly the Icon instead, it does not even have one.

Or the P51 Mustang. You won't need an artificial horizon because it doesn't even have a cockpit. You can use the REAL horizon!!!! But seriously folks: sending an email to msflight@microsoft.com is like peeing in the ocean: It might feel satisfying while you're doing it but at the end of the day it doesn't change a thing.

HelloJust fly the Icon instead, it does not even have one.
That is totally irrelevant to the OP.It wouldn't be realistic if it had one, since there is no one in the real A5. Edited by sibtiger

MS Flight's artificial horizon is flawed. ... On a real horizon the outside markings are fixed and do not rotate! Only the inside gyro rotates!.
Actually, it is your knowledge that's flawed. There are many different versions of an ADI, and that happens to be one of them.Note this example of the Falcon ADI:GH02V.jpg

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Actually, it is your knowledge that's flawed. There are many different versions of an ADI, and that happens to be one of them.Note this example of the Falcon ADI:GH02V.jpg
+1.

You won't need an artificial horizon because it doesn't even have a cockpit
:( :( :(

<<removed>>
I've been able to fly complex aerobatics in Flight that are simply impossible to do in either FS9, FSX or even <gasp!> X-Plane, all from within the cockpit......such as hammerheads, humpty-bumps, tail slides and cross-over spins.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Don't let the facts stop anyone from e-mailing Microsoft.

I've been able to fly complex aerobatics in Flight that are simply impossible to do in either FS9, FSX or even <gasp!> X-Plane, all from within the cockpit......such as hammerheads, humpty-bumps, tail slides and cross-over spins.
Hello BillBill I would rather you spent some time getting the Fadec into the CJ1+, I am waiting for that more than I am MS Flight! or have you given up on that product.

Your only goal is just to ridicule Flight and its users.
HelloI am a user of MS Flight!, been flying around in it earlier today actually, my only goal is the daily aerocache.Anyway back to the Beta testing, cheers

HelloI am a user of MS Flight!, been flying around in it earlier today actually, my only goal is the daily aerocache.Anyway back to the Beta testing, cheers
Have you tried the Maule or the RV? If your only goal is the daily aerocache, then you are dumbing yourself.

Have you tried the Maule or the RV? If your only goal is the daily aerocache, then you are dumbing yourself.
HelloThe Maul is too complex, I can't seem to get that Autopilot to work :(

This is nice, but how many planes in the world are designed to do aerobatic maneuvers? Even the RV6 was not designed for it and it is a tad underpowered.I don't think we'll miss much by not doing tail slides in FSX, considering that to do aerobatics well, one needs to have good visual feedback (quick head movements) and g-forces, neither of which is present in Flight. Not to mention that you cannot even take a look at how well the maneuver was completed if you are sitting in the cockpit and have no recording feature.I would have liked to hear that ground effect is present and done well, but MS likely thinks that unimportant.

Which of the Flight planes are cleared of aerobatics? The Icon? :) Guess only the Stearman is, and of course the P-51, but it has no cockpit... anyway the problem is not if those manouvre can be accomplished, but it they are realistic for a given plane or not.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.