Sign in to follow this  
Goair-18

Is this guy for real (Howard) leading ms flight

Guys i read this and couldnt catch my breath.This one one of the questions asked to him.Q: It seems like the tradeoff you made - building richer, smaller locales to explore in the game - is the loss of the full, open world that could be explored in "Flight Simulator"?and here is his answer. (iv underlined the bit thats ###### me off (sorry for the swearing) us simmers are just a small segment grrrrrrrrA: The bet we've made is that to the non-hardcore simmer, flying the whole world isn't as interesting when there's nothing really interesting to see or do. I do get that for some segment of the audience that was one of the values - I can fly anywhere, into any airport, 25,000-odd airports was crazy.But I think as you try to broaden and you want to bring in not the next million or two but the next 20 million or 30 million people, you say I will err on the side of more interesting area that's dense than the same amount of content spread all over the globe. There's a lot to do in Hawaii, and Hawaii is gorgeous.Theres alot to do in Hawaii, how many times can you fly one set of islands before you get bored.Here is the full Q&A LINKhttp://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/technologybrierdudleysblog/2017460350_qa_microsoft_flight_boss_on.html?cmpid=2628Danny

Eh, what is there to do in Hawaii ? Elvis was there, and that was the last best thing there my wife tells me..

Mmm, why always Hawaii. I already saw nicer looking scenery during my holiday in Thailand.

Eh, what is there to do in Hawaii ? Elvis was there, and that was the last best thing there my wife tells me..
So Elvis will be in MS Flight? Or is he another $20 addon :(.

So Elvis will be in MS Flight? Or is he another $20 addon .
No, but you can buy a glittery jumpsuit for your pilot-dude avatar for only 2000 MS "points"

Blake

Oh, you have to buy the memorial as scenery, (katsching.. 10$) and the cast (katsching, 10$) and the doors, otherwise they cant open. (Another 5 bucks for each door,)However, in FS9 all is for free, and will get you there faster in a DC6.phnl_night.jpg

Hawaii is just the first area (stated ad nauseum). Personally, I'd rather have a dozen fantastic regions than a whole, vanilla world and I suspect that's true for *most* people. I get it that there are a few people out there that loathe the thought of not being able to fly from Kuwait to Amarah and I understand that losing that freedom, if only in thought, is a troublesome feature missing from Flight. For me, when I'm VFR and "casual" having a few hundred thousand square miles in high-detail is more compelling than 196M square miles of plainness (even though I can pretend to visit different areas of plainness). For the more technical, more serious IFR flights, even Hawaii (not that it's the only area ever to be offered) has enough spread to allow the complete excersise of all phases of a long-haul flight.I realize the anti-Flight camp would much rather have a vanilla world than gorgeously rendered regions and that Flight is rubbish. Unfortunately, as they say, "too bad so sad."

Edited by Rush1169

They ought to do a Road to Hana addon. Now that IS exciting!

NAX669.png

LOL for the comments about Elvis.

I realize the anti-Flight camp would much rather have a vanilla world than gorgeously rendered regions and that Flight is rubbish.
I would rather have a gorgeously rendered whole world but I realise that is currently impossible (due to the time, effort and expense to produce).So instead I settle for a whole vanilla world with areas of interest gorgeously rendered, which luckily I have with FSX and Orbx :(.

Personally, I'd rather have a dozen fantastic regions than a whole, vanilla world and I suspect that's true for *most* people. I get it that there are a few people out there that loathe the thought of not being able to fly from Kuwait to Amarah and I understand that losing that freedom,
What was the first thing you looked at when flying the first time in any sim ? Right, your home town, or at least tried to find it!Dont expect someone deep in China or anywhere buy more of Hawaii because thats the only thing it offers. Maybe in 5 years, maybe..

even Hawaii (not that it's the only area ever to be offered)
I wonder what tomorrow has in mind for meOr am I even in it's mind at allPerhaps I'll get a chance to look ahead and seeSoon as I find myself a crystal ballSoon as I find myself a crystal ball

What was the first thing you looked at when flying the first time in any sim ? Right, your home town, or at least tried to find it!
Ummm sure - Seems like it was about FS98 or more likely FS2000 that *may* have had something where my city should be. I know earlier versions didn't have it. Hard to believe people who didn't live in that grid with the moutain at the back still bought and enjoyed earlier versions of FS, isn't it?Don't be silly. Of course people are going to buy the rest of Hawaii and I would wager 99.99% don't live in Hawaii. Obviously, none of the Flight haters are going to, but the other millions will. Edited by Rush1169

I find it really hard to take Josh seriously. My theory is that FLIGHT is not what it was intended to be, something went down during development that resulted in the joke of a game that is being released and this guy is just trying to justify it, make it sound like somehow this was his grand design all along. Doing his best to sell this lemon.

Hawaii is just the first area (stated ad nauseum). Personally, I'd rather have a dozen fantastic regions than a whole, vanilla world and I suspect that's true for *most* people. I get it that there are a few people out there that loathe the thought of not being able to fly from Kuwait to Amarah and I understand that losing that freedom, if only in thought, is a troublesome feature missing from Flight. For me, when I'm VFR and "casual" having a few hundred thousand square miles in high-detail is more compelling than 196M square miles of plainness (even though I can pretend to visit different areas of plainness). For the more technical, more serious IFR flights, even Hawaii (not that it's the only area ever to be offered) has enough spread to allow the complete excersise of all phases of a long-haul flight.I realize the anti-Flight camp would much rather have a vanilla world than gorgeously rendered regions and that Flight is rubbish. Unfortunately, as they say, "too bad so sad."
The problem is you DON'T have a dozen fantastic areas in which to fly, you have ONE area in which to fly and that area is Hawaii. And I'm wondering if you could instruct us on how you conduct your "serious IFR flights" with out any Air Traffic Control (which btw is a necessity for serious IFR flights) - how do you even open your "serious" IFR flight plan? I'm not Anti-Flight, just anti BS. I see a lot of speculation about what Flight will be and a lot of wishful thinking. Lots of "ifs" and "buts" instead of accepting what we have NOW. Well, if "if's" and "but's" were candies and nuts everyday would be Christmas, now wouldn't it? Edited by Mike T

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.