Sign in to follow this  
Goair-18

Is this guy for real (Howard) leading ms flight

Guest russellbdavis
No, but you can buy a glittery jumpsuit for your pilot-dude avatar for only 2000 MS "points"
RFLMBO!thank yuh, thank yuh vera much!

Guest russellbdavis

Speaking of Elvis, I'd like to see an addon where you locate the spot where Elvis filmed his arrival in a helicopter before his "Aloha From Hawaii Concert" in 1973. I've always wanted to know if it was filmed in the Honolulu Hilton parking lot?:-)

He is also unaware that I have repeatedly said my fight is NOT with FLIGHT it is with the marketing liars in Redmond
It's pretty much impossible not to be aware of everything you stand for Mike. Here or on Facebook. The real question is: you made your case, we know you are not going to use Flight, we know you despise the marketing strategy at Microsoft and that it resembles "...the press releases by Egypt, Iraq and Lybia just before the dictators were overthrown..."Don't you think by now after your many posts that everyone understands your points of view by now? So why do you keep posting in this forum? What purpose can continuing to post on this forum serve now? Are you pro-actively trying to prevent people from using Flight, or trying to repel new people away from the hobby, or trying to steer enquiring potential Flight users away from this forum because to me that is the only possible outcome arising from your actions.Microsoft aren't going to change their marketing strategy, let alone the Flight game simply as a reaction to your comments and similar comments made by others.I can stay away from other sites where you post, but I am here to discuss and enjoy Flight as well as to partake in assisting people with technical issues and to hopefully have my own technical issues and questions resolved. I just don't see how your philosophies have any place in this forum now that you have already made them clear time and time again. Edited by JonP01

It's pretty much impossible not to be aware of everything you stand for Mike. Here or on Facebook. The real question is: you made your case, we know you are not going to use Flight, we know you despise the marketing strategy at Microsoft and that it resembles "...the press releases by Egypt, Iraq and Lybia just before the dictators were overthrown..."Don't you think by now after your many posts that everyone understands your points of view by now? So why do you keep posting in this forum? What purpose can continuing to post on this forum serve now? Are you pro-actively trying to prevent people from using Flight, or trying to repel new people away from the hobby, or trying to steer enquiring potential Flight users away from this forum because to me that is the only possible outcome arising from your actions.Microsoft aren't going to change their marketing strategy, let alone the Flight game simply as a reaction to your comments and similar comments made by others.I can stay away from other sites where you post, but I am here to discuss and enjoy Flight as well as to partake in assisting people with technical issues and to hopefully have my own technical issues and questions resolved. I just don't see how your philosophies have any place in this forum now that you have already made them clear time and time again.
I don't know what Mike will say, but I will say "because he has the right to express his opinion", for starters. Then I could say, "because he agrees with some others in this forum and wants to show his support". Perhaps it makes him feel better.There could be a ton of reasons, all of them good and valid. So please stop trying to make this forum into a temple to Flight. It is clear that people have opposing points of view. Silencing one side is not the way a public forum should operate. Edited by Attila

Silencing one side is not the way a public forum should operate.
I disagree in the context of some specific individuals, one of which is Mike. I have no issue with dissenting points of view, but I do have an issue when negative points of view are hammered home time and time again in a counter-productive, even destructive way that does nothing to encourage mature, respectful debate and open, free thinking. Perhaps you think it is fine to be surrounded by negativity, but I prefer to be surrounded by positive thinking people.You are clearly irritated by my presence enough to make the comments that you have, yet in terms of the total content in this forum, my positive remarks are a mere drop in the ocean compared to all the negative remarks. Given that you are sufficiently irritated with me to have called me to task twice today in relation to my positive comments, how do you think I feel given that the negativity far outweighs anything that I have contributed. Yet you think I am being unreasonable. Perhaps if this forum really did strike a balance between the positive and the negative, I might actually agree that you have a valid point.As for what Mike says, it should be abundantly obvious that I couldn't care less what he has to say. Nor do Microsoft. ("couldn't" is the way we say it in Australia). Edited by JonP01

I disagree in the context of some specific individuals, one of which is Mike. I have no issue with dissenting points of view, but I do have an issue when negative points of view are hammered home time and time again in a counter-productive, even destructive way that does nothing to encourage mature, respectful debate and open, free thinking. Perhaps you think it is fine to be surrounded by negativity, but I prefer to be surrounded by positive thinking people.You are clearly irritated by my presence enough to make the comments that you have, yet in terms of the total content in this forum, my positive remarks are a mere drop in the ocean compared to all the negative remarks. Given that you are sufficiently irritated with me to have called me to task twice today in relation to my positive comments, how do you think I feel given that the negativity far outweighs anything that I have contributed. Yet you think I am being unreasonable. Perhaps if this forum really did strike a balance between the positive and the negative, I might actually agree that you have a valid point.As for what Mike says, it should be abundantly obvious that I couldn't care less what he has to say. Nor do Microsoft. ("couldn't" is the way we say it in Australia).
I am not irritated with you. I just think if I allowed your post to stand without a response, you might think that you are right or that everyone agrees with you. It just so happens that you are the latest person to try and weed out the negative comments from this forum, not unlike MS is doing elsewhere.Flight should stand on its own merit, but any real discussion of it is handicapped by NDAs and forum rules. Once the NDA is lifted the real fur will fly. Until then, MS and its ways are open for discussion as it relates to Flight and it appears that in many forums they have managed to squander a lot of the goodwill they have built up over the years. Naturally, people are not pleased and they want their opinion heard. More than once if necessary. Perhaps even until someone gets the message.

As for what Mike says, it should be abundantly obvious that I couldn't care less what he has to say
HelloYou do care, or you would not respond, Mike gets under your skin.This is a discussion forum and all opinions are welcome as far as I am concerned.If you feel you should have more control over what is posted here then maybe apply to be the forum moderator.It is impossible to stem the negative comments of Flight!, waste of time trying really.Better just to chill out

I have a feeling the guy got ot be head of Flight because he knew someone. Possibly his daddy is someone at microsoft.
I don't really think this would be necessary. Don't forget parts of the old Aces team still worked for Microsoft, so there were probably several interested parties to continue the Flight franchise.But I have to admit that I have severe doubts if FLIGHT will really fly. I fear some of his numbers of 20 million people might have been used to gather support for the project.. And this would mean a pretty heavy burden. The market of free games is not empty. Sure, a lot of people might try the free version and the Live enhancement, but after then the number of customers might be very limited. And if these numbers are not considered sufficient the whole project will end!They could do anythingt, but only if they sell sufficient DLC.

You are not anti-Flight? Really, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I've got you pencilled down in the top three all-time flight bashers. But thanks for the laugh anyway.
+1000 You got that one right...

mad dog, on 09 February 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:HelloHelp me out here, where did all you guys spring up from. supposedly all been simming since sublogic days but only since the advent of MS Flight! have you all discovered Avsim.Seems strange that we have not seen you around over the years, virtually zero contribution to Avsim at all until Flight! arrived on the scene.Then loads of new members pop up evangelising the new "Game"Is a simple flying game that is tailored to those with low attention spans really all that you were waiting for ?
My sentiments exactly... Arwen comes to mind...
Excuse me, but personal attacks are not permitted here, and for your information, I've been a member here since 2006.Read this post, where I gave the details of my recent return to AVSIM.If you read this post, you can see that I've also been rather harsh in my feelings toward both Flight and MS (plus I've been pretty critical about some of MS's decisions on the Flight Beta Discussion forum).So I've hardly been "evangelizing Flight." But I'm not going to remain quiet while the anti-Flight crowd on the forum post misinformation about Flight, just to ridicule it. I happen to believe that any flightsim deserves a far chance.If Flight was actually just a "simple flying game that is tailored to those with low attention spans." as so many of you contend, I wouldn't even be interested in it. And I wouldn't be wasting my time here defending it. Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Don't be afraid to use the Report button Arwen !........as Tom Allensworth suggested. Actions speak louder than words.Fred.

Thanks, Fred.But I believe in firing a warning shot over the bow first. :(

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

180 degrees at 360 KTS more precisely !!Fred.

Edited by RYR738

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.