Sign in to follow this  
Goair-18

Is this guy for real (Howard) leading ms flight

Or should we say Joshua Howard is that you? :(
:LMAO:or "leaves this body Joshua"Richard Portier Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Who cares? Nobody bought FSX for the scenery! That's what you have 3PD developpers for.FSX is really an operating system for flight simulation, and the aircraft and scenery that come with FSX are like the Notepad and Microsoft Paint that come with Windows. If you want decent wordprocessing, you get Office/Word and if you want decent image editing, you get Adobe Photoshop.Similarly in FSX, decent aircraft and scenery require add-ons, with the default aircraft and scenery is usually enought for the newbie.Cheers,- jahman.
Agree except for the first 2 sentences. I guess the discussion is about small, high detail vs whole world low-detail approach. Josh was clear they'd gone for option one in his recent interview. If I could choose - yes, I'd go the whole world with potential for addons option for Flight. But I get that most people want something that just looks pretty, and general audiences don't want to do a 2 hour flight so a massive geographical area is needed.I was responding to KevinH who felt default FSX was fine. If you can't afford payware right now it's a worthy sim, but I don't think releasing a new sim with that level of graphics in 2012 would work.Personally, I spend 0% of my sim time flying over FSX default terrain - if my flight plan inadvertantly takes me within visual range, I actually change course to avoid it!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

With such a restricted gaming area, if the predicted millions start flying online isn't it going to become rather congested very quickly?
With the current hard limit of sixteen users per online session as a maximum, I don't see that ever becoming a problem!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think the chances of you willingly ever saying anything positive about flight and actually meaning it at the same time are somewhere between Buckley's and nil. I'm simply trying to enjoy a forum devoted to a game that I am really enjoying beyond all other flight sims I have used in the past 14 years. It obviously escapes you that your contributions to this forum are counter-productive to anyone getting anything positive out of this forum. Or perhaps it doesn't escape you and you just like to stir the pot.I don't appreciate being called Gestapo. Please grow up and wash your mouth out.
Welcome to Avsim. Since you joined a month ago from all the way from Redmond Australia you may not be familiar with the way forums work. Forums are a place where DIFFERING OPINIONS can be exchanged. If the fact that my opinion differs from yours and as such causes you to stop enjoying the best simulation you've every encountered in 14 years then let me sincerely apologize on two fronts. First that my comments somehow carry so much weight in your life that you are unable to enjoy Flight. And secondly, that after 14 years of Flight Simulation you find that FLIGHT is the best thing you've encountered. By the way, I am taking your advice and washing my mouth out as we speak - with a great German Pilsner... Ironic isn't it? Cheers to you in the distant land of Redmond Australia. Edited by Mike T

Since you joined a month ago from all the way from Redmond Australia you may not be familiar with the way forums work. Forums are a place where DIFFERING OPINIONS can be exchanged.
Hi Mike, do you really have to be so condescending in all your posts towards people and topics that support Flight. He might be new here but I'm sure he is not new to forums.

but I'm sure he is not new to forums.
Then he should understand how forums operate.

You are not anti-Flight? Really, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I've got you pencilled down in the top three all-time flight bashers. But thanks for the laugh anyway.
Top 3 !!Mike is the clear winner. And no, he's not invited to the christening. :( Edited by RYR738

Guest dreckman
Then he should understand how forums operate.
and that is why lots of people read but never post. Mikes recent posts add nothing constructive. They are condescending and he hides behind a high post count. There are numerous posts of legitimate questions about FLIGHT. In almost everyone one, of the long time members posts condescending remarks about the "Hawaii Flying Car Game"How is that a meaningful discussion.

Hi Mike, do you really have to be so condescending in all your posts towards people and topics that support Flight. He might be new here but I'm sure he is not new to forums.
He chose to be condescending to me. Of all the posts on this forum he decided to annoint himself the Idi Amin of the Flight Forum and personally attack me. He is also unaware that I have repeatedly said my fight is NOT with FLIGHT it is with the marketing liars in Redmond. If he is not new to forums then HE should know better than to personally attack someone. However, all of a sudden there is this strange influx of new people telling us what we should and shouldn't think. I'm not the suspicious type but where were all these people prior to a month or two ago and how is it that they all have the same thing in common: that Flight is the best flight simulator they have ever seen in the history of the universe? Anyway, I'm sorry to have hijacked this thread - /moving on/

You are not anti-Flight? Really, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I've got you pencilled down in the top three all-time flight bashers. But thanks for the laugh anyway.
I will take his spot in the top three if he does not want it. It's hard not to be anti-flight.. the game sucks that bad, and yes I have played it... Time wasted that I could have been flying my NGX Edited by mikea76

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I will take his spot in the top three if he does not want it.
:LMAO:But seriously, did you get a chance to try the DLC?

Guest dreckman
It's hard not to be anti-flight.. the game sucks that bad, and yes I have played it...
But others who have tested it ( I am not one of them) have stated it doesn't suck that bad, if you take it on it's own merits, don't compare it to FSX and take the MSFT betrayed us out of the mix.You have your opinion. There are a great many of us who have not seen it at all. We will try it and form our own opinions. -ed

We should be happy to see new faces getting involved in the social side of simming, how they got involved is through Flight it seems and that was from the developers end the upside of the new platforms introduction, it is to be hoped once they see what is available through continued progression into sophisticated simulation their interest will translate into an influx of new ideas, expectations and products to satisfy them.Nothing wrong with collecting tokens, i recall being enchanted with flour bombs , now with the latest generation of addons we design planes that track and destroy targets 120 miles off using radar or at 600 yards with an M61 , we all start somewhere.

There's lots wrong with collecting tokens if your goal is aviation simulation - though i'm very happy for it to be in there, just like the missions in FsX that i've still never played, if it increases the financial viability of the product.Flight is not fairly described as a 'Hawaii flying car game'. It's a 'Hawaii flying game' (decent, sensible planes will be available on release). And it just may be useable as a new gen simulator.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I don't appreciate being called Gestapo. Please grow up and wash your mouth out.
Being called Gestapo = "Suppression techniques".Quote: "They are used by an individual or group to make another individual – representing a specific group – feel small or to keep that person "in place". The "oppressor" is probably afraid of being knocked off his perch in the organisation, of being overtaken on the career path or of being exposed for lack of competence. Or the person may quite simply be afraid of the change that could result from a "new type" of employee entering the workplace and making an impact. Someone who feels threatened often moves onto the attack."

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.