Sign in to follow this  
spilok

If you like Aerofly FS, you'll LOVE FLIGHT!

My Saitek X52 Flight Control System and Thrustmaster Pedals work just fine with Flight.
Do the Thrustmaster Pedals have toe brakes?

The true answer to the question is the new distribution method, of course. They simply can not deliver the full content in one or even two or more bites, not when the DLC has to be practically downloadable...How many people would even be able to download two or three DVDs worth of "Flight ISO files," burn them to DVDs, then install them correctly?I can actually answer that question. During the FSX beta testing, more than a few beta testers never managed to download the two massive ISO files when all they had was a dialup ISP account. Of those who did manage to eventually succeed, it took them on average four DAYS to complete the downloads...Now try to imagine my young fellow developer friend in South Africa who's only possible internet connection is via a tethered cellphone!!!
..........The true answer to the question is the new distribution method, of course. .......
Of couse it is.... MS simply wants to "nickle and dime" people to death with "apps"..... one island etc at a time. This way, people wiil be hooked before they come to the realization that they have spent hundreds for realativly nothing.Now, some people say you do not have to be online to play...... HTF do they know?. The BETA testers never DLed any App etc that needed to be always verified etc, berfore playing.Does anyone really think that people will not try to and hack the Flight apps and MS will not put software checks into place via the net before running flight to see is everythig is "legal"?I fear people are in for a rude awakening! Edited by JoeD

Now, some people say you do not have to be online to play...... HTF do they know?. The BETA testers never DLed any App etc that needed to be always verified etc, berfore playing.Does anyone really think that people will not try to and hack the Flight apps and MS will not put software checks into place via the net before running flight to see is everythig is "legal"?I fear people are in for a rude awakening!
I happen to know this for a fact. You can choose to believe me or not. But you can also read what the Microsoft Flight Team wrote on this: http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/#news3

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Now, some people say you do not have to be online to play...... HTF do they know?. The BETA testers never DLed any App etc that needed to be always verified etc, berfore playing.
Hi,Arwen and the other beta testers are right. Microsoft also specifically mentioned on their Facebook page recently that an internet connection is only necessary for downloading new content and multiplayer functionality. The comment was made by them on February 9th at 1.18 PM. To save you having to search for the actual comment, here is a direct copy / paste:"...Microsoft Flight @Houston: Well, you'll need the internet to download it, and for multiplayer features, but you don't need to be connected to play it..."So this knowledge is not something privy to beta testers only - it is in the public domain straight from the horse's mouth. Edited by JonP01

^ ^ ^ That is cretainly subject to change like all the other things MS has said about flight.You might not have to be online to play but, what about "starting" Flight?MS has a history of dancing around the the truth.

Edited by JoeD

Your Internet can be completely down, you can rip your internet cable from the wall, you can smash your wireless router to bits, you can be in the middle of no-where with your laptop, you can be in the middle of the deep woods and yet Flight will still "start", run, fly, work, or anything other word you want to use.What do some of us need to do to convince some of you?

Wait till the 29 and try flight to see on your own . the beta thats available now wont be the same as the final release .
No, it'll be worse... :biggrin:I couldn't help it this statement was wide open...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Your Internet can be completely down, ...
Well, actually, this is the only way to use Flight and not be on-line - or disabled for Flight. Edited by Attila

Your Internet can be completely down, you can rip your internet cable from the wall, you can smash your wireless router to bits, you can be in the middle of no-where with your laptop, you can be in the middle of the deep woods and yet Flight will still "start", run, fly, work, or anything other word you want to use.What do some of us need to do to convince some of you?
Thanks, Jim. I was working on a reply, but your's was way better. :)

~ Arwen ~

Guest dreckman
You might need to do all of the above. But we will need photos for proof. :(-ed

Well, actually, this is the only way to use Flight and not be on-line - or disabled for Flight.
What are you talking about?

As the original OP, I've enjoyed this subject just exploding. That's good, because any conversation among forum members is ALWAYS good. In 15 days, we will be writing different things. Different impressions. Some of us will be "right on" with our previous thoughts, and some of us will be "eating crow". It should be very, very interesting. In about 2 weeks; we'll all get a chance to download a FREE sim. That's good in itself. I'm just happy to be getting another "variation" of my favorite hobby. I suspect that I'm going to be relatively happy with the new sim...but of course, time will tell. I guess I've always been one that sees a glass half full, not half empty. And you know, that has served me very well over the years in my business endeavours and personal life. The best thing that's coming is that you have a real CHOICE: You can accept it, or not. You can fly it or not. You can enjoy "co-existence" with FSX or you can delete.Isn't capitalism great! I just love it!Stan

Edited by spilok

What are you talking about?
I think he meant the only way to use Flight offline is to pull the plug the hard way. Edited by sibtiger

I'm pretty sure all you have to do is sign out of MS Live.You can play the free portion of Flight without ever creating a Windows Live account (but you won't have the Steerman, and you won't be able to purchase any DLC):From: http://www.xbox.com/...e/PC/FAQ#title9"Do users have to create a LIVE account to play a Games for Windows — LIVE game?No, you can play offline without ever connecting to Microsoft or creating a LIVE profile. Games for Windows — LIVE supports the creation and use of an offline “local” profile that exists only on the user’s computer. This account will let you play the single player portions of the game, but the user will not be able to play multiplayer, gain achievements, or take advantage of the other LIVE features. However, Microsoft strongly recommends that users who wish to play offline create an online account and then use that account to log in “offline.”

Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.