Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

WestJet Pilot

Hi Guys, I awhile back before NGX BETA I'm sure I had a conversation with a current WestJet NG driver, does anybody know who he is or how I can get ahold of him, I have some questions regarding WJA Ops.Cheers

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

His name is Jack Colwill. I forget his display name here...JackC or something along those lines.In the mean time, what's you question? I'm no Westjet "Owner" but I could ask around YYC here.

Hey Ron. Whatcha got on our mind? ........and yes, we are getting Q400s lolJackColwill

Edited by Jack_C

Westjet Q400's eh? I heard a while ago it was being considered, has it been confirmed?

Hey Ricky. Pretty much. Its between the ATR and Q400. We are 99% sure it will be the Q.JackColwill

Hi JackWe do really miss your video for slowing down this bird.Hope to see soon some new addition and why not real world video from TOD to FAF interacting with ATC.

Hey Ricky. Pretty much. Its between the ATR and Q400. We are 99% sure it will be the Q.JackColwill
I do a lot of spotting at YVR, and I can't recall ever seeing an ATR there. I allways thought they were used more in Europe. I am a huge Westjet fan. I fly with them 4-5 times a year to Calgary and Saskatoon. May have to book a flight on a Q just for fun. Thanks for the reply Jack.

......I can't recall ever seeing an ATR there. I allways thought they were used more in Europe.
I think the largest operators in North America are American Eagle/Executive Airlines and FedEx. According to Wikipedia AE/EA will return a large part of their fleet to the lessor starting this year.Bruno

Yes there are a few advantages of going with the Q for us right now. The single engine service ceiling is a lot higher. I dont think we would even be able to do a couple routes in the mountains with the ATR. The back orders for the ATR72-600 is a lot longer than the dash so we can get a hold of the Qs quicker. Obiously speed being another. HOPEFULLY support would be better since DHC is just down the street. There are a few others. Its downfall is price. They are about 5-6 million more than the ATR. Hopefully we can get a good deal since the Q orders are quite slow right now,.JackColwill

Hey Ron. Whatcha got on our mind? ........and yes, we are getting Q400s lolJackColwill
I wonder if WestJet will open up routes to CYTZ, I love WestJet but since Porter came to town flying right into CYTZ here from Moncton, is just so much more convenient, for me anyways.

Ya same with Windsor, Porter flies direct from CYQG - CYTZ.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

With the Q400 Westjet can now service alot more of the BC interior I would imagine. Castelgar, cranbrook, Kamloops ect.Great news for Westjet, I hope they do well with it.