Sign in to follow this  
Roger Over

New NVIDIA driver

Hi,Nvidia have released an updated driver... on my old Geforce card it seems to deliver a reasonable boost to FPS in XPX. Shudder problem seems to have disappeared as well..CheersBruce H (Oz)

Edited by Roger Over

Thanks for the heads up. My current card is a limited edition and kind of a nvidia experiment, so I have been waiting for new drivers that expressly support it. Hopefully these will.

Edited by HiFlyer'

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just blogged about it here:http://xplane10.wordpress.com/2012/02/23/new-nvidia-drivers/Medium shadows, Kewl!

I was hoping these would fix the flashing colour polygons I often get when in 3d cockpit mode (XP10). Maybe that's already a known issue for LR?Dave

Although the previous WHQL (285.62)did OK except in global shadows above low, they would not run Win 7 movie maker, so I had been running the 295 beta for awhile. These latest WHQL drivers 295.73 seem to be better than the 295 beta driver.

Might be, but when it comes to drivers, I always assume a placebo affect unless somebody shows some actual numbers.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I noticed a bit of an increase. I still can't use Global Shadows though. Brings my system to its knees (that and clouds).That's one thing which disappoints me with XPX. The shadows and clouds look great but they use so much processing power that 99% of the time you can't use them! I may be stepping on dangerous turf here, but as a MS Flight beta tester, for all its faults that is something they got right - on my, now fairly average spec, machine I could have most of the eye candy turned up including the dynamic shadows. They looked fantastic and hardly affected performance at all. If MS can do that, why can't LR?

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I noticed a bit of an increase. I still can't use Global Shadows though. Brings my system to its knees (that and clouds).That's one thing which disappoints me with XPX. The shadows and clouds look great but they use so much processing power that 99% of the time you can't use them! I may be stepping on dangerous turf here, but as a MS Flight beta tester, for all its faults that is something they got right - on my, now fairly average spec, machine I could have most of the eye candy turned up including the dynamic shadows. They looked fantastic and hardly affected performance at all. If MS can do that, why can't LR?
I am going to try and have windows 8 up and running tomorrow if I can, and see how Xp10 reacts to that, assuming there are no graphics/sound drivers problems and the demo loads ok. Should be interesting. Edited by HiFlyer'

Devons rig

Bleh.Windows 8 install is funky. I need to try install from a USB stick.

Devons rig