Sign in to follow this  
N1G

"Sell something" forum

Hi,There used to be a forum for selling hardware etc but I cannot find it anymore. Did Tom do away with it?RegardsBob

here it is:http://forum.avsim.net/classifieds/I don't like it very much, the old bargain forum was much better ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Guys. I just bought the Saitek Proflight Yoke and Throttle and I just do not like it. I have been using the joystick for 20 years and it's just too much of a change, so I will try to sell it.Bob

That's why I buy stuff off amazon... they've got a decent return policy...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

That's why I buy stuff off amazon... they've got a decent return policy...
I bought something there one time and the box had been opened and it looked used so I never bought from them again. I can still find a matching price usually from somewhere else.Bob

http://forum.avsim.net/classifieds/I don't like it very much, the old bargain forum was much better ...
I agree. They tried to fix something that wasn't broken.
I bought something there one time and the box had been opened and it looked used so I never bought from them again. I can still find a matching price usually from somewhere else.
I've bought thousands of items from Amazon over the years (I have a Prime membership I buy so much stuff there) and that's never once happened to me. You really should give them a try. Great service and, as someone else pointed out, really easy to return stuff.

I take that back. I did buy my saitek panels from Amazon and got free shipping.Bob

I agree. They tried to fix something that wasn't broken.I've bought thousands of items from Amazon over the years (I have a Prime membership I buy so much stuff there) and that's never once happened to me. You really should give them a try. Great service and, as someone else pointed out, really easy to return stuff.
We also have a Prime membership... great for baby stuff!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Be careful with buying something here. Unlike ebay there is no sort of checks and Balance on the individual. I am not trying to disparage any innocent folks who want to sell anything here.But this was my experienceI got hoodwincked when I paid someone who had over 100 posts here. I lost about $700. I paid via Pay pal and he kept telling me he sent me the Radio panel that he was supposed to send and after a month he tells me, he mistook me for someone other person and that he would send it to me for real..this went on for 3 months and when I disputed it with Paypal they ruled in my favor but he had no money in his account and so they could not give me bacl my money.I have never gotten robbed on ebay so far. Thats cause I never buy anything more than $20 worth from anyone that does not have a good reputation.Manny

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Well on the flip side: I sold an archtop guitar on ebay that was in near mint condition and listed as such. I put clearly in the description that it had light markings from a guitar pick on the face (which all used guitars have). The guitar looked, and functioned like a brand new guitar.The buyer did not contact me after receiving the guitar, but simply filed a grievance with paypal, listing 6 major defects from the electronics not working to a warped neck. Crook!I sold the guitar for $1700, which at the time I needed for a car repair. I wound up having to cough back $300 to get the guy to drop the grievance, because a) I needed the money and b ) I couldn't be certain what condition the guitar would be in when I got it back. Paypal does NOT investigate, nor does eBay. The simply rule in favor of the buyer, case closed. I still have a 100% customer rating on ebay with over 150 transactions. None of that mattered. That is the last time I sold something over a few hundred dollars on ebay, because those checks and balances are unbalanced.

Edited by gtrbarbarian

Be careful with buying something here. Unlike ebay there is no sort of checks and Balance on the individual. I am not trying to disparage any innocent folks who want to sell anything here.But this was my experienceI got hoodwincked when I paid someone who had over 100 posts here. I lost about $700. I paid via Pay pal and he kept telling me he sent me the Radio panel that he was supposed to send and after a month he tells me, he mistook me for someone other person and that he would send it to me for real..this went on for 3 months and when I disputed it with Paypal they ruled in my favor but he had no money in his account and so they could not give me bacl my money.I have never gotten robbed on ebay so far. Thats cause I never buy anything more than $20 worth from anyone that does not have a good reputation.Manny
Did you report that to us?
I don't like it very much, the old bargain forum was much better ...
What do you not like about it? Please explain and maybe we can "tune it up".

What do you not like about it? Please explain and maybe we can "tune it up".
thanks for that ...It is simply, that the old forum style was perfect.I tried lately to make announcement about Aerosoft Ice Age saleI wasn't able to insert a picture, and I can't handle the settings. Look at "price:free" what was a field I had to fill out, but I only wnated to tell that there where 20% off.With forum style you have seen at one glance if there is a new report advertised and there where some discussion ongoing if this product is good or bad or whatever is to say about. It was very interesting to see the bargain and the meanings of the people about.But that is just my opinion...greetings,Günter

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Hi Tom.It was about 3 years ago... I did not report to anyone here... Come to think of it I am now surprised why I did not contact anyone here. I ought to have done that.I can probably did up the e-mail he used to correspond with me but its not going to do any good now.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Tom.It was about 3 years ago... I did not report to anyone here... Come to think of it I am now surprised why I did not contact anyone here. I ought to have done that.I can probably did up the e-mail he used to correspond with me but its not going to do any good now.Manny
I would suggest that anyone who has an issue with advertisers in AVSIM's Classifieds system (now) report that immediately to us. We have a number of resources available to us, not the least of which is "management by embarrassment" of the offending advertiser. We can go further than that if necessary, but I suspect those would be few and far between. Reputation points and user experiences as related in the ads themselves willl do a lot to prevent this type of thing happening. There will always be the crooks who want to shyter their way along, but our signup filtering goes a long way to preventing them even getting an account here.Oh, and all of that is reason for us moving to the Classifieds system from the forum based format in the first place.