Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

UTX USA vs. GEX North America

Is it my imagination guys, but I have GEX and UTX Europe and IMO they don't look half as realisitc as the US versions...
Hello Howard.It is not your imagination at least with the GEX Europe textures, IMHO the design choices they took with this set totally ruined it compared to the original GEX USA set.The decision to cover Europe in a fair impression of green and brown carpet tiles ruined it for me. Even the FS9 Ground environment looked better.

My other question is whether ot matters which order I install UTX and GEX (having already installed GEX), since a prior post in this thread talks about GEX enhancing the UTX terrain- can GEX still enhance the terrain if the terrain is installed after GEX?
First, you can install UTX after GEX. Run the GEX seto utility and it will handle the replacement of UTX textures, if that's what you want. If you want to maintain the UTX textures (all of them), don't go into GEX after the UTX installation.You would have seen problems with UTX if another product comes along and makes a wholesale change to the Terrain.Cfg file. What UTX does is remove default features and replace them, using it's entries that are added to the Terrain.Cfg file. If a later program comes along and replaces the Terrain.Cfg file or any added entries to the file, you end up where UTX is excluding stuff but is missing the data needed to put it back into the sim. Items like water, coastlines, roads, nothing really important...Luckily makers of products that want to make wholesale changes to the sim realized that they needed to restore things back to DEFAULT, so that other products can co-exist. That magical DEFAULT setting can work wonders now.

Alright guys, I bought both of them. I installed UTX first. All went well, except I hate how Flight 1 gives you like a million options for pay. Not good in my opinion! I used PayPal, and I didn't use the download thing. I created an account.Can anyone recommend some settings?