Sign in to follow this  
haztronic

FS Global, FSGensis, or Tileproxy?

Okay so I've been simming for some years now but never considered buying any mesh, basically because I never thought about it. I have UTX, GEX but it doesn't really count. Anyway, I need help. After doing much research I still haven't come to a conclusion and need some help.First, I read somewhere a guy saying how Tileproxy for fsx is great because it has its own autogen or something so you can put the slider autogen in fsx to 0 and get great frames and also it looks good too. Anybody able to back that up.Secondly, so far I feel like FSGensis is my best option but I'd like some opinions from people, does it affect frames (not much of a big deal for me because I have an i7 @ 4.6 but still). How are the looks?Thirdly, FS Global. I think we can say its probably between FSG and FSGen, what do you think of global and is it better, worse. Flaws or positives.Its a lot to ask but I know people here are always willing to help. I'm obviously willing to invest money into some mesh but I want mesh that will look great and be worth the money.Thanks very much,Harry.Specs : Intel i7 2600K @ 4.6Ghz, Nvidia 580GTX, 2TB HDD, Z68 Mobo, Corsair H80 Liquid Cooling, Win7 64bit, 8GB RAM

Just bought fs gen 70% off life membership great deal.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Guest jahman

FS Global procucts work great (I have them all).Cheers,- jahman.

Just bought fs gen 70% off life membership great deal.
Ditto!I have used UTX / GEX for years alone and went for the full membership and what an amazing difference :)

I run FSG mesh, along with UTX and GEX and am very, very pleased with the results.

FS Global Ultimate is the best Mesh you can get your FS. Look for the review here at Avsim, they have the best technique for making the data from the Mesh look good inside FS.

Alexis Mefano

I use FS Genesis mesh for most areas and have a few meshes that are for specific locations. Tileproxy, BTW, has no autogen, so it doesn't much matter where the slider is. From altitudes above roughly 2000 ft AGL, the photoscenery will give the impression of 3D trees, buildings, etc but that's an optical illusion.Rich

I run FSG mesh, along with UTX and GEX and am very, very pleased with the results.
+1

Er... FSG stands for FSGlobal or FSGenesis...?@haztronic: Tileproxy has nothing to do with all this. It's a tool that downloads images from the earth from the internet and puts them in FSX so you get some sort of photoreal scenery (with all the disadvantages that has). It has no autogen at all and doesn't come with mesh or anything. (And I wonder if it is still supported...? Afaik it hasn't been updated for years.) Putting Tileproxy in the same sentence with FS Global and FS Genesis is the same as putting 'horses' in the same sentence with 'apples and oranges'... :( Edited by J van E

Er... FSG stands for FSGlobal or FSGenesis...?@haztronic: Tileproxy has nothing to do with all this. It's a tool that downloads images from the earth from the internet and puts them in FSX so you get some sort of photoreal scenery (with all the disadvantages that has). It has no autogen at all and doesn't come with mesh or anything. (And I wonder if it is still supported...? Afaik it hasn't been updated for years.) Putting Tileproxy in the same sentence with FS Global and FS Genesis is the same as putting 'horses' in the same sentence with 'apples and oranges'... :(
Tile Proxy is simply a medium for injecting available satellite imagery into FSX. The imagery is as up to date as the map server you're using, but the program itself is no longer being updated. It's free but it's a real bear to use IMO. I ditched it after a short time, as obviously night imagery isn't supported and waiting for injection, for me, was unacceptable.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Er... FSG stands for FSGlobal or FSGenesis...?
Sorry bout that, for me FSG I am referring to FS Genesis.

I have used FSGenesis for years and have had no problems with it. I use it with GEX and UTX they all work very good together.Bob

I just got the 70% off one year subscription for FSGensis and I'm trying to find some UK mesh, does anyone have know if they have any UK mesh to download or is it just included in the 'World Terrain Mesh' download?Also, what's the difference between 76.4m, 19.1m, 9.6m?