Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Outerra Tech Demo finally released

Whatever people have said, the technology and its potential remain fascinating, and now after years of videos and discussion, the tech demo has arrived so that people can try it themselves.http://www.outerra.c...php?topic=637.0

Edited by HiFlyer'

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Wow, many thanks for the heads up.It must be one of the most anticipated releases for many.I am so excited to download (already in progress, lol) and try it!

Wow, many thanks for the heads up.It must be one of the most anticipated releases for many.I am so excited to download (already in progress, lol) and try it!
Just remember its not a flight Sim. At least not at this point. But its very beautiful, and makes me smile. :smile:For people who do like flight Sims though, it will probably be almost impossible not to look at it and think "If only"Maybe one day.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I want my sim world to look like this tomorrow! faint.gifouterra.jpg

I want my sim world to look like this tomorrow! faint.gifouterra.jpg
Yeah, I have been playing with it, and its the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen. Its a different focus, I guess. Flight Sims seem to start from the cockpits outwards, usually, and the wider world is kind of an abstraction. This started from the world outwards, which may or may not eventually include planes.In the end, I think this might turn out to be the better approach. Edited by HiFlyer'

Devons rig

Just remember its not a flight Sim. At least not at this point. But its very beautiful, and makes me smile. :smile:For people who do like flight Sims though, it will probably be almost impossible not to look at it and think "If only"Maybe one day.
Not, but contains not bed cessna 172, even with 3d gauges ;)If Outerra team will use moment we could have nice sim platform.Clip.jpg

soh-banner.png

I've been playing around with it for a week and it is the most beautiful flight sim I've ever flown. Even at this very early stage it is amazing! The future is here now! Hopefully developers will pick it up and start adding content.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I've been playing around with it for a week and it is the most beautiful flight sim I've ever flown. Even at this very early stage it is amazing! The future is here now! Hopefully developers will pick it up and start adding content.
I'm totally agree! However were playing just one hour :) And already ready to develop "Beaver" for this beauty :) - So content isn't problem for community.P.S. I could recognize places in Altai mountains (Siberia, center of Russia) This wasn't happens with FSX no with Flight. And its only 200mb content.. amazing!!!

soh-banner.png

it is the most beautiful flight sim I've ever flown
Absolutely true! Not long ago I swore again I would stay with my sim of choice, FS9, forever.But if one day this engine gets the airport/aircraft coverage to a degree close to what MFS addons do, this is going to be the final realisation of my simdream.respect.gif

I'm totally agree! However were playing just one hour :) And already ready to develop "Beaver" for this beauty :) - So content isn't problem for community.P.S. I could recognize places in Altai mountains (Siberia, center of Russia) This wasn't happens with FSX no with Flight. And its only 200mb content.. amazing!!!
Yeah. I checked my home region and it is far better than FSX coastlines and mountains, even though mesh resolution is the same. The base is just 200Mb, but when you go to new regions content is downloaded and size goes up.
Absolutely true! Not long ago I swore again I would stay with my sim of choice, FS9, forever.But if one day this engine gets the airport/aircraft coverage to a degree close to what MFS addons do, this is going to be the final realisation of my simdream.respect.gif
Heck, give me just a small region and one good plane, train and car and I'm in sim heaven :)

Just imagine...Flight's dynamics and a/c with these visuals....sigh

Yeah. I checked my home region and it is far better than FSX coastlines and mountains, even though mesh resolution is the same. The base is just 200Mb, but when you go to new regions content is downloaded and size goes up.
Ahh sorry me, didn't got that it downloading from Internet.Anyway without bumps, chrome, clouds and with only type of trees Outerra provides atmosphere which could hardly meet in FSX.out.jpg

soh-banner.png

Ahh sorry me, didn't got that it downloading from Internet.Anyway without bumps, chrome, clouds and with only type of trees Outerra provides atmosphere which could hardly meet in FSX.
Yes, it is quite amazing how good it looks with so little variation in autogen and textures.That is what's so great with Outerra. It is a chance to start fresh and build a new sim - brick by brick. Instead of having all the features from day one with lots of bugs. Start small and add content as things progress. I'd be happy to fund such a project by paying for upgrades! The super easy to use modification tools are a big bonus as well.If there were some visionary developers out there this could be the number one sim for cars, trains, ships and aircraft for decades to come!

Below is a copy of my post on the Outerra Forum. I had to do it as a reply since I can't find a hot spot to create a new post on their board. Maybe someone here can help? Avsimers always know the answers.Not sure who to try and reach or how to do it.I did the initial download and started it up. I got a screen asking me to buy the Beta program. I paid my $15.00 but have nothing to show for it. When I click on the exe to start the game, all I get is a full screen shot of an airport in the Alps. My mouse turns into a controller and the only thing it will do is pan around to look at the scenery. I have no cursor or any spots on the screen to do anything with. There is no way to even shut it down. I have to go to Task Mgr to shut it down. Also there does not seem to be a place anywhere on the Forum pages for me to post a new string. All I can do is reply. I must be missing something, but can't find a place to download anything more. Can someone help?Thanks.

Below is a copy of my post on the Outerra Forum. I had to do it as a reply since I can't find a hot spot to create a new post on their board. Maybe someone here can help? Avsimers always know the answers.Not sure who to try and reach or how to do it.I did the initial download and started it up. I got a screen asking me to buy the Beta program. I paid my $15.00 but have nothing to show for it. When I click on the exe to start the game, all I get is a full screen shot of an airport in the Alps. My mouse turns into a controller and the only thing it will do is pan around to look at the scenery. I have no cursor or any spots on the screen to do anything with. There is no way to even shut it down. I have to go to Task Mgr to shut it down. Also there does not seem to be a place anywhere on the Forum pages for me to post a new string. All I can do is reply. I must be missing something, but can't find a place to download anything more. Can someone help?Thanks.
Press "Esc" to bring up the menu