Sign in to follow this  
flygarn1

Runway length for HGS

Would it be possible to have the option of entering runway length in meters for the HGS in a future update, because there isn't a single chart in europe that have the runway length in ft.

You can find the runway length in feet and meters on the left-hand side of the APPROACH page on the CDU.

Edited by barfra1995

Matheus Mafra

Would it be possible to have the option of entering runway length in meters for the HGS in a future update, because there isn't a single chart in europe that have the runway length in ft.
Where do you get your charts then??I use the jeppesen charts and all of them (european) aerodromes have the runway lenght in meters AND feet, Edited by Ed van de Vijver

Here is a great site for conversions from to a lot.Menu to the left.http://www.convertworld.com/en/length/

Per W Sweden

Where do you get your charts then??I use the jeppesen charts and all of them (european) aerodromes have the runway lenght in meters AND feet
Sweden, Spain and Norways AIP, and they don't have feet in runway length, I don't belive a ICAO country is allowed to have runway lengt in ft according to ICAO chart standard, the only reference in Europe that is imperial is elevation exept approach profile charts where elevations is expressed in meters.I know where in the CDU the length is, and I know how to convert. But the function does exist according to the FCOM (10.42.11) and the HGS manual that somone found here in the forum a while ago.

Or you could use Navigraph NDac 3.0 charts which is a fantastic program. Still use it even with EFB installed and bought.Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

if you enter the correct runway, then there is also the runway length in feet in the CDU.I can verify this works for EIDW.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

if you enter the correct runway, then there is also the runway length in feet in the CDU.I can verify this works for EIDW.
Works for all airports. Also displayed NAV frequency for the ILS and course heading.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"