Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Has anybody noticed....that this program REALLY.....makes for...

....a great SAILING software?I mean seriously....Microsoft lost their true genius here.After about 15 minutes of flying, I decided to land the amphibian-car, and THAT'S when I started to have a hoot!Cruising around the islands....I think I am on to something!!!!!! Hey Microsoft, if you make yachts and powerboats (cigarette boats) as DLC...I'm in! Forget flying with this software. The eye-candy is best seen from the water level! WOW....Lovin' Flight! no...er... CRUISE!Good night all,Out of here, and back to FSX, FS9. Now....THAT'S all about flying...."Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash!""I wanna cruise a mila on Hawaii coasta launa...." :)

Now if they would only enable the wing folding system on the Icon. I kept clipping my wings on other boats when messing around in the harbor...

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I think there are controls in the settings menu for walkig around and whatnot. Maybe there is more in the future that we don't know about.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Yes. You can get out, walk around, inspect the aircraft and so on. Even walk around some of the terminals! (with limits). I didnt test this myself, but I heard that if your in a multi-player game, you can hop OUT of your aircraft, and hop into someone's aircraft if they are also out of it at the time. Grand Theft Aero! There are many places I landed near, and just walked around to explore. I found a "kill house" Bellows AFB!

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Has anyone tried walking on water yet?
i did the ******* thing in the beta but have not tried on the final release ill post back later to see if we can do it again .

Image removed as image is no longer available.

....a great SAILING software?
Not a bad suggestion at all given the scale of what is currently offered.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

A sailing add-on is a fantastic idea!Look at how many cars / boats were available for FSX, there is clearly a market for it. Sailing is just gliding with one wing in the water!

i did the ******* thing in the beta but have not tried on the final release ill post back later to see if we can do it again .
I walked across the bay from Ford Island (which, oddly enough, although it is closed, still counts for a landing!) to pick up the Aerocache at the Bowfin. On the way back to the plane, I detoured to the Arizona Memorial to pick up that Aerocache while I was at it.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I AM NOT IMPRESSED... For some hours ago, I decided to buy the X-Plane 10, it is the real simulator for the most people who want to have a game that is near the real world simulation, and the X-plane have a lot of opportunity, wait 1-2 1/2 years future, so I am SURE the X-Plane will show its potential! I noticed the walk function in Flight, but the frames is not so high that they can make detailed buildings with additional functions and where are the control with MANY keys to each of functions????The X-Plane code have been writted from the SCRATCH!§ Thats why it runs so smooth.