Sign in to follow this  
Qatsimo

No porting over PMDG 737

I just managed to open the CoreContent.pak in WinRar. It's the database that contains most the folders and files of Flight. And although the structure reminds of FSX, (it has a SimObjects folder with the Flights airplanes) i can tell for shure there will never be a port over of the PMDG 737 nor any other FSX airplane. :sad:

Have you tried? My personal port of call has been to install it then try integrating a freeware model into that ZIP. Heck, it's worth a try :rolleyes:

I think most of us knew that anyway! ;)

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Have you tried? My personal port of call has been to install it then try integrating a freeware model into that ZIP. Heck, it's worth a try :rolleyes:
Hi Sam, no i didn't. But i tried with a modified single texture (Vegetation, found it quite dark even in broad daylight with clear sky). Took about 10 mins to get it into that ZIP and upon executing Flight i immediately got an error message :)

I believe there may be a checksum or other anti tampering scheme in affect on the pak files.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Because of the new technologies used in Flight no previous FS9 or FSX addons will work in Flight. Only addons made by Microsoft will work.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

The *.meta files are most likely checksums - very basic DRM. So you would need to edit the meta files as well as the file you want to mod.Patience, young grasshopper, meditate on go-around procedures until the SDK comes out.

until the SDK comes out.
Sorry, there isn't going to be an SDK--- that is unless you are an authorized reseller thru MS store (which hasn't been integrated yet)

Patience, young grasshopper, meditate on go-around procedures until the SDK comes out.
You are going to be waiting a heck of a long time, like forever.

Well an XNA creator license sets you back $99/year, and covers all XNA based apps - PC, Tablet, XBox, mobile and GFWL Marketplace integration. I can't think of any reasons why MS would not add Flight to the XNA libraries.