Sign in to follow this  
LeeL

Question about C90 Avionics

Haha, got ya, Glenn. Bernt (Stolle) is the FDE guy, Bert (Pieke) is the one helping us on the gauges.Want another B? Ok, bliksimpie is the other gauge guy and together they are the busy Bs of Carenado forums. :(
Hiya CoolP and All ---- I was enjoying reading the exchange on Bernt and the other "Busy Bs". (good name!) Got me to thinking, given the move by Carenado into more planes with the leading-edge avionics, that maybe some day soon they might take the design approach that Real Air did with putting a "panel configuration tool" into their products. I sure like the ability to mix and match depending on how you might use the aircraft.....and I sure would like to see the ability to add the RXP500 weather radar when desired without having to deal with the "ugly" artifacts of laying in new devices in the VC. Just some thoughts.And Hi to Bernt if he reads this. We exchanged a few notes during the development of the Skymaster. A plane that we both have some hours in. That was fun.Anyway, have a good one as we wait to see the C90.Cheers / Regards, Bob :(

The GPS you see in the C90 is the Garmin GNS400, which is a 430 without radios. A common installation when the radios are already covered, in this case with the Collins units. The Avidyne is just an MFD.Br,Tero

Hahah, well now that I actually looked again at the preview pictures, it seems to be a GNS430 with both knobs still missing. My memory served me bad and I remembered that it had the right hand knob already.You can tell it beeing a 430 by the COM/VLOC text beside the still missing left knob. If it were a GNS400 it would not have any text since the GNS400 does not have the left knob. We don't have a simulated GNS400 so I guess that makes sense to bolt in a 430.Anyway, in real life it is quite common to have a GNS400 if you don't want to change the radios as well.Sorry,Tero

Edited by t3ro

I didn't mean to come across as "not cool" but as Ifor the c90, this is the plane that I have been waiting for! I am just excited for its release.... That is all