Sign in to follow this  
Phlonk

FPS in Microsoft Flight

Is there a way to see what the FPS are in game while flying, or do I have to use some overlay to tell me this?The reason I am asking is that I set the graphics to high, while flying around there seems to be no lag, but when I land and sit there for acouple seconds all of a sudden it loads a bunch more textures.I am currently running an ATI HD5770 @ 1680x1050Also, is there a way to select running DX9, DX10 or DX11 if 11 is in game?

You will need to use an exteranl FPS display, which the ATi drivers should provide?There is no setting for DXx.

Flight is DX9 only so there is no option to change that!!

One of the best things that I found about flight was... no Shift-Z :Nerd:
:biggrin:

Bert

I am wondering how sensitive the game is to drive fragmentation......And how it would respond to being placed on an SSDWe really should have some of the usual suspects on the FSX tech-front taking a quick look at these things. Or maybe in a review.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I am wondering how sensitive the game is to drive fragmentation......And how it would respond to being placed on an SSDWe really should have some of the usual suspects on the FSX tech-front taking a quick look at these things. Or maybe in a review.
It will load a lot faster with a good SSD, and you save time and wear caused by defragmenting.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

It will load a lot faster with a good SSD, and you save time and wear caused by defragmenting.
I was thinking specifically of the texture loading and possible blurries.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Doesn't really help with an SSD in that department.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Devons rig

Guest treeman
Flight feels like it suffers from blurries the same as FSX, FS9, FS2002, and back to the beginning of flightsim yore. I think it's not as noticeable because the LOD is locked at 3.5 so it keeps up with the aircraft faster. But with the Icon in a dive from 13,000 I certainly was able to fly fast enough to generate a good set of blurries. Only about as bad as FSX though, just the normal stuff.

i have the settings all maxed...theres a limited number of settings, but the game still looks great...i run at about 90 fps, but figured there is no point in heating the gpu, so i vsync to lock it down to 60..... you're gonna need FRAPS...its pretty sweet.also, there are some other terrific programs to monitor your system (which i'm guessing you're not using since you dont already have fraps :) )GPUz, and CUPID HW Monitor are both great for keeping track of your guts.