Sign in to follow this  
Gami0522

Microsoft Flight graphical updates down the road?

There is one thing I would like to point out, the background used in Flight's menu depicts an awesome view of some of the scenery that looks in-game but if you pay close attention you'll see that the lighting looks nothing like in the game. The clouds reflect the sun's light producing the famous silver lining, the ground is splattered with cloud shadows, the sky textures look freaking awesome and the overall ground appears to be reflecting off the sun's light. (Could this be something to expect later down the road or is microsoft just teasing us?) I dunno maybe I'm just seeing things or going crazy :lol:I would think if it would be really cool if they released upgrades to the graphics down the road as it would help expand the game and keep a high replay value. And cloud shadows, oh how i wish for thee.

To me the in-game graphics are perfectly fine and far exceeded expectations. I'd welcome enhanced graphics in the future but *never* at the cost of the smooth-as-butter presentation they have going on right now. . .

There is one thing I would like to point out, the background used in Flight's menu depicts an awesome view of some of the scenery that looks in-game but if you pay close attention you'll see that the lighting looks nothing like in the game. The clouds reflect the sun's light producing the famous silver lining, the ground is splattered with cloud shadows, the sky textures look freaking awesome and the overall ground appears to be reflecting off the sun's light. (Could this be something to expect later down the road or is microsoft just teasing us?) I dunno maybe I'm just seeing things or going crazy :lol:I would think if it would be really cool if they released upgrades to the graphics down the road as it would help expand the game and keep a high replay value. And cloud shadows, oh how i wish for thee.
The only way to get it done is to write ms an email.

Its just a loading screen. I would not put too much into it. Besides, XP10's loading screen is a 737NG taking off, yet they dont really have one...

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

yeah I won't think too much about it it was probably made just to look nice as a background and I agree, the graphics in game now are way better than what I originally thought. I would however love to see a REX 3 for Flight if Ms allows add on support.

I totally agree. I have no problem with MS making the initial release "restrained" in terms of options... allowing people to throw on all the bells and whistles would simply result in scores of people complaining about performance. But now that we all know what it can run like... no harm in giving us more goodies, eh?The things that come to mind are HDR, cloud shadows, traffic and boats. I know a lot of you guys hate HDR and think it's gamey or whatever, but what I do know is that the real world certainly has higher contrast, glare and light overlap on everything I see, especially on a sunny day, and HDR, when not overblown, does a much better job of making an in-game scene look real. Right now Flight looks a little flat.. and unfortunately the ENB series mod doesn't seem to work. RoF has great HDR settings.Cloud shadows further helps break up the flatness of the lighting by providing random areas of dark... again, RoF has them and they look great.

Oh yeah, and by the way, the opening splash screen looks like a mish-mash of photoshopped in-game elements (the sky and clouds are tweaked for contrast, Saturation, and shadow, and the buildings look painted (with a flat brush). In short, it's a title screen and not necessary representative of future graphics options (in my opinion).

they must have a good photoshop artist there ! has he/she done it before - and most believe it ! Money%20Eyes.gif

That's one of the advantages of an online content delivery model. If Microsoft are planning to keep Flight going in the long run, they'd be mad not to throw in a few graphical enhancements further on down the track, same way Valve did for the Source engine. The developers should be able to add new stuff as fast as we can download it.

Splash screens are designed to be very pretty and to take your mind off the fact your game is loading. Most games have a separation of the splash screen and the actual in game content. The screen does look very pretty.

Easiest example to use is Fast Food.What McDonalds uses to sell their BigMac00a1631f.jpgWhat McDonalds BigMacs actually look like when you buy them.42b7e8ce.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

My first impression on looking hard at that screen in the game was that it didn't look a lot like the game itself. But it's obviously some kind of in-game screen shot. It's likely that they had cloud shadows at one time, but removed them because they caused some kind of problems. It's possible we'll get the cloud shadows back at some point if Microsoft can work it out.Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Easiest example to use is Fast Food.What McDonalds uses to sell their BigMac00a1631f.jpgWhat McDonalds BigMacs actually look like when you buy them.42b7e8ce.jpg
LOL!!!